Kerbdog Tribute Album (1 Viewer)

I have the first album on cassette. They were quiet good as a Helmet meets Grunge band. When they went "indie" for the second album it just didn't sound convincing to me.

"We did one record with a band named Kerbdog, and we started off with about 25 cabinets and amps. It took about two days just to go through 'em all, but we got the best sounds that we have ever gotten. We used old Les Pauls, old Strats and Teles, different strings, different pickups." GGGarth

My mate went to college with Battle in DCU and he seemed like a nice guy, I also got to meet JJ of JJ's Song fame many times..... Can't see for the life of me why they're getting a tribute album though?!?!? Who's next Frank n Walters, A House, Fat Lady Sings, JJ72 or maybe Wilt.

Just saw this on wikipedia
Currently

• Cormac Battle lives in Dublin, Ireland and hosts a Sunday night radio show on Ireland's national 2FM[8].
  • Colin Fennelly lives outside Dublin and works as a civil engineer in a cement factory.
  • Darragh Butler lives and works in Kilkenny, Ireland where he owns a music store Rollercoaster, a nod to the original name Kerbdog played under and also perhaps a reference to the nature of his musical career.

Cormac on Dave Fanning's show http://2fm.rte.ie/fanning yesterday part of a 1/2 hour feature on the album and Kerbdog.

Don't deserve a tribute album? I suggest reading the bands on the album statements and sleeve notes from Jack Endino, GGGarth Richardson, Kerrang, Rock Sound etc. Might give you an idea why we've put this together.

Cormac on Dave Fanning's show http://2fm.rte.ie/fanning yesterday part of a 1/2 hour feature on the album and Kerbdog.

Don't deserve a tribute album? I suggest reading the bands on the album statements and sleeve notes from Jack Endino, GGGarth Richardson, Kerrang, Rock Sound etc. Might give you an idea why we've put this together.

Nobodies heard of half the bands on the album.

Nobody deserves tribute albums. They're all shit. Usually crap bands covering the worst songs of a band. Live covers are grand, maybe even covers on an album (that's pusing it though) but an entire album of tribute covers is a terrible idea. This isn't a slight against Kerbdog, I just pretty much despise tribute albums.

i want a "night with kerbdog" type tv special, with a the band playing songs that influenced the bands they like, interspersed with testomonies of fans whose lives have been changed in a postive way by one or both of their albums.

Nobody deserves tribute albums. They're all shit. Usually crap bands covering the worst songs of a band. Live covers are grand, maybe even covers on an album (that's pusing it though) but an entire album of tribute covers is a terrible idea. This isn't a slight against Kerbdog, I just pretty much despise tribute albums.

Yeah.. tribute albums are a load of shite, Kerbdog should be tellin these youngs bucks to get offa their nuts, instead they're encouraging this ball licking.. ..it's a fookin disgrace

Yeah.. tribute albums are a load of shite, Kerbdog should be tellin these youngs bucks to get offa their nuts, instead they're encouraging this ball licking.. ..it's a fookin disgrace

I dunno man I quite enjoy having my balls licked.

Cars on Fire - Left Side Brain - Dutch Schultz - Frank Turner - Mike Got Spiked - Days of Worth - Stations - Jamie Lenman (Reuben) - Knievel Genius - Hold Your Horse Is - Dave McPherson (Inme) - Ocean Bottom Nightmare - Dry Rise

That reads like the contents of Kerrang magazine circa 2003.

[FONT=&quot]I'll probably make this one of my last replies as there is little interest on here.
There is isn't one teenager on the album, this aint some ball-licking tribute. I find it strange how people can suggest 'getting off their arses' when, looking at the number of posts some of you make you must spend half the day on forums thinking up so very, very, witty remarks. Or maybe i'm not giving you enough credit. You might be all respected artists, journalists or labels?

Kerrang circa 2003? Apart from InMe (who aren't technically on the album), did any of the other bands release anything that year or even the year after?

Nearly all the bands on here are full-time touring bands, with dozens of release between them. The album is for fun, paying homage to a band we all looked up to, respect and believe deserve some recognition. The album has the full support from Kerbdog - I wouldn't have put it together otherwise. Relax about it, no one is trying to make money from the album, the ethics behind the release are sound.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'll probably make this one of my last replies as there is little interest on here.
There is isn't one teenager on the album, this aint some ball-licking tribute. I find it strange how people can suggest 'getting off their arses' when, looking at the number of posts some of you make you must spend half the day on forums thinking up so very, very, witty remarks. Or maybe i'm not giving you enough credit. You might be all respected artists, journalists or labels?

Kerrang circa 2003? Apart from InMe (who aren't technically on the album), did any of the other bands release anything that year or even the year after?

Nearly all the bands on here are full-time touring bands, with dozens of release between them. The album is for fun, paying homage to a band we all looked up to, respect and believe deserve some recognition. The album has the full support from Kerbdog - I wouldn't have put it together otherwise. Relax about it, no one is trying to make money from the album, the ethics behind the release are sound.[/FONT]

how about a documentary on the making of it?

"i was chillin in the back yard brah, knocking back some bud lights when i get a call from this dude. he says "we're doing a kerbdog tribute album, yes or no question, are you in or out". yes! we said. "yes you're in or yes you're out?" "fuck yes we're in, we loved kervpog, had all 9 of their albums" "and that's how it happened man".

then maybe some testimonies from people who experienced life changing moments on hearing one or both the albums.

you can call it "KERBDOG: behind the tribute"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back