Keiji Haino (1 Viewer)

I have a ticket and flights booked.

Other new additions include spectral flute/drum/electronics improvisers PART WILD HORSES MANE ON BOTH SIDES, THE TENSES, consisting of Oblivia and Ju Suk Reet Meate from legendary Los Angeles Free Music Society collective Smegma; Norwegian frequency-mangler and Maja S.K. Ratkje collaborator HILD SOFIE TAFJORD, and the dense and dislocated folk-noise of GRAHAM LAMBKIN & JASON LESCALLEET.

Many more names to come - including details of another one-off trio performance, following last year's volcanic Bishop/Orcutt/Corsano face-off....

Fantasizing about a Dead C performance is probably going to end in disappointment.

Yeah, not much use to me in Japanese either. Hopefully it won't do too much of a demystification job on him though. just had a second listen to the new Fushitsusha album, it's kinda short and snappy. In general I'd prefer the bass and drums to be more submerged in murk and guitar meltdown but it's quite satisfactory.

I have a ticket and flights booked.

see you there!

last year's volcanic Bishop/Orcutt/Corsano face-off....

this was awesome. this year's line-up is pretty incredible ... graham lambkin + jason lescalleet [insert inappropriate devil horns emoticons here], tenses, fushitsusha, gate, hild sofie tafjord, part wild horses ... wow! i think pain jerk might be playing too in which case i'm packing some incontinence pants

Kan Mikami ... japan's brush shiels

ha! i don't agree (although i didn't see the show in question) but this made me smile!

i think the last haino i've heard was the last jim o'rourke + oren ambarchi collab and the vocals one recorded in france from last year (?). looking forward to picking up the new fushitsusha at some stage though

this was awesome. this year's line-up is pretty incredible ... graham lambkin + jason lescalleet [insert inappropriate devil horns emoticons here], tenses, fushitsusha, gate, hild sofie tafjord, part wild horses ... wow! i think pain jerk might be playing too in which case i'm packing some incontinence pants
I don't know most of these other bands but I'm very excited about this festival all the same.

ha! i don't agree (although i didn't see the show in question) but this made me smile!

That was probably a bit harsh alright. He can out screech haino.

This new collaboration between haino, ambarchi and steven o'malley came in the post last week, my record player is packed away for the moment though so i cant listen to it yet.

Keiji Haino (guitar, vocals & synth), Stephen O’Malley (bass guitar) & Oren Ambarchi (battery).

中心の決意が 自分の中で 何度も何度も何度も 砕け散る事に 限りない歓びを 覚えよ
feel the ultimate joy towards the resolve of pillar being shattered within you again and again and again

近づくのが 歓びではなく 聖なる狂気と 呼ばれてしまうものも やっと現れてきた
not a joy to come closer but so-called a sacred insanity has finally appeared

少しだけ くぐもってきた
君の その挑戦状を 新たに 磨き直して 何かに捧げよう
getting a bit blurry
brush up your cartel and devote it to something

自分の 外で輝いている光に 全てを託すのではなく 自分の中に 在り続けている「どうしたい?」という祈りに気づき それを光として 自分の外に 導きださなければ もっと悪くなってしまうよ
not to leave everything to the light outside of you but to be aware of the prayer "what do i want to do?" that exists inside of you, and let that go out of you as a light, or things might get worse, no?

http://editionsmego.com/release/SOMA009

i think the last haino i've heard was the last jim o'rourke + oren ambarchi collab and the vocals one recorded in france from last year (?). looking forward to picking up the new fushitsusha at some stage though

edit: meant to say, outside of the above, i've missed most of haino's output over the last six or seven years i'd say. any particular recommendations?

I don't know most of these other bands but I'm very excited about this festival all the same.
the two lambkin/lescalleet collabs are incredible. i'd go as far as to say they're two of my favourite records ever

nice to see haino hasn't lost his touch when it comes to track titles anyway

edit: meant to say, outside of the above, i've missed most of haino's output over the last six or seven years i'd say. any particular recommendations?

I'd recommend the live Vajra one from 2008 that i mentioned already. I listened again the other day, it's deadly. There's a collaboration with Zeitkratzer that's pretty good. Otherwise I'm not very up to date either. Did he go a bit quiet for a few years there or was I just not paying attention?

This new collaboration between haino, ambarchi and steven o'malley came in the post last week, my record player is packed away for the moment though so i cant listen to it yet.

I've only had a chance to play it once but it's great. Far better than I was expecting too.

Fushitsusha - Secret Black Box
archive_1-6_sleeves_front.jpg

6 x cdr release on the sadly missed aRCHIVE label. This is the most extravagent bootleg ever produced documenting an epic seven hour live performance at Hosei University in Tokyo on December 13, 2003. There were only 20 copies made and were never for sale, being given to Keiji Haino himself or traded with friends.

Apparently this had been floating around for a while and I had no idea. I found it on Enter The Mirror but the filehost had already pulled the plug. Luckily I knew somebody who had gotten there in time

http://bleakbliss.blogspot.ie/2012/06/fushitsusha-secret-black-box.html

^the only release on aRCHIVE I don't have a physical copy of. Asked Scott Slimm about the chances of him doing another run of them but he wasn't interested unfortunately.

Fushitsusha in The Village. Oct 9th. Yes!

Village is all right as long as its not full ..

Hot on the heels of his recent DJ cd comes a triple cd set of DJ stuff. Has anyone heard him DJing? Very curious to hear this.

Looking forward to hearing the two new Fushitsusha albums too.

Got the new Fushitsusha albums on Friday. Listened to the silver one and it's a belter. Still have to get the DJ ones, haven't a clue what to expect there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back