Keiji Haino (1 Viewer)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
Currently listening: Imikuzushi - the new album by Haino (guitar and vocals so far), Jim O'Rourke (bass) and Oren Ambarchi (drums). The first song fucking hammers along, incredible guitar mangling. Track two is starting out a bit mellow. I heard a couple of other ambarchi things and didnt like them at all, he seems to be good on the drums though. O'Rourke's bass playing is spot on too. I hope Haino lets rip on the guitar again.. oh, i think we're off!

Have this on order ... Looking forward to it

I'm listening to Vajra tonight, a live album from 2007 or 08. I saw these lads in glasgow a few years ago and I couldn't get past thinking Kan Mikami was japan's brush shiels, playing his three chord bluesy things all the time while haino went mental all the way through and appeared to intimidate the fuck out of the poor drummer. anyway, this album is the business. yer man is still going mental but he isnt bringing it all crashing down around his ears, the songs seem to be holding up. I must get some more Vajra albums, they're expensive cds though and hard to find for download.

Did you go to see him in the Project that time?

I went to all three nights. The one I thought I wouldn't like much, the solo percussion thing, I thought was brilliant. I enjoyed the uileann piper business but it seemed a bit forced or something. I remember really wanting him to let loose on the guitar but it didn't really happen. The trio thing the following night was okay ....

Still better than most thing you are likely to see but I suppose I just wanted it to be Fushitsusha ... I'd like to see him play again.

The solo percussion night sounds like it was probably the best one alright. The pipes were nice and all, i didn't know what else he was capable of at the time though. I'd like to see him again too. the fushitsusha video is all on youtube, if you havent seen it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yikes!

I went to the project one of the nights, the one with yer man from the jimmy cake playing the piano. Didn't enjoy it at all, left half way through

Not enjoying that video above much either. I don't want to seem like a spa and say it's nonsense, but I have to admit that it sounds like nonsense to my ears

Was he playing guitar that night you walked out? Some of his stuff I don't really like, most of it I havent heard, but the good stuff is great. I suppose there isn't sense to it as such, its just this raw primal force thrashing about, like the universe!

I veer between thinking it's total nonsense and total genius

I was watching this clip of him with steve noble yesterday
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

not mad about it

I saw him do his duo with Merzbow in Geneva a few years ago and:
1) Someone had a seizure in the audience
2) Another audience member got up, tried to do vocals and got attacked by Haino
3) Someone threw a bottle at Haino and he fucked it back straight into the audience. Unfortunately my face got in the way.
4) I missed the last bus and had to walk back to my hotel... in France.

Missed the Project gigs but would go see him in an instant if he was playing again. Can understand why people wouldn't be into him but I think he's beyond brilliant. Have a five hour Fushitsusha bootleg lined up on the ipod for my day off tomorrow, might make a pre-emptive appointment for the Eye and Ear Hospital on Tuesday...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back