Kate Bush (1 Viewer)

Favorite Kate Bush Album

• Total voters
Anyone got the new album? I had a few listens, still early days, not sure what to make of it yet. It's a bit of a change of direction for her, the first few tracks at least - very long songs with piano+orchestra+drums+various singers. the young lad sings the first one, he has a cool voice, although not for much longer i'd say. It's not jazzy music but it has a bit of a classic jazz album vibe off it, very spacious and quite cinematic. the second half is a bit ropey. Elton John's singing is ok but its not that much of a tune, the stephen fry one is a bit of a throwaway idea that goes on way too long, theres a another pretty but slight piano ditty and then its over. I shoulda gone for the vinyl after all - i could not bother listening to disc 2 without feeling like i was cheating. €26 for the vinyl though. Its rare that i hear new albums that have this level of thought and care put into the performance and production, it sounds great. i presume others are doing it but I'm out of touch.

Listened to the first two tracks on NPR yesterday. It sounds amazing, as you say, spacious and cinematic. Not sure the track lengths are justified though, I was getting a little bored.

Wuthering Heights slowed down to 36 minutes. surprisingly good
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does anyone else ever get that weird mental effect where a word that your thinking gets slowed down and slurred and drawn out in your mind?

Wuthering Heights slowed down to 36 minutes. surprisingly good
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does anyone else ever get that weird mental effect where a word that your thinking gets slowed down and slurred and drawn out in your mind?

Pretty compelling alright - If that was available when I was a teenager, I never would have left the gaf.
Now I know where Slowdive came up with their sound.

I think I know what you mean about the slowed down word thing.

Pretty compelling alright - If that was available when I was a teenager, I never would have left the gaf.
Now I know where Slowdive came up with their sound.

I think I know what you mean about the slowed down word thing.

You were wondering where Slowdive got their sound from? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back