Just got an Android phone..Recommended apps for it. (1 Viewer)

question for yas,

is anyone running a satnav application on android, and is it any use. if so, which one? google maps or a paid one or what?

Google should be fine,don't think there's any need to pay out for another one.

The facebook app seems to be doing the trick--thanks people

Can you see notifications on the app or not?

Try not to use the browser for sites that have dedicated apps like Facebook/Twitter. If you've been doing that clear the browser cache as even the top phones only have a few hundred MB internal memory and the browser cache can take up most of that. I'd reccommend Dolphin Browser & move it to the SD card, much better than the stock browser.

Gonna do that now,thanks.

actually the phone i was looking at on fleabay, i copped it was bought for the exact same price six days ago from one of those mega user people. should i sketch?? Lily marlene ; ???

I'm looking at the google/htc one. If anyone has comparable similar budget model with similar features let me know though. the listing uses the same here it is on the floor pic as the mega seller that sold it earlier in the week. i'm out.

Did I mention Tasker here already.
It's fucking brilliant.
allows you programme the phone to do whatever you like
eg
I have mine set so that if the phone is charging and it's after 11Pm = turn off the notification light
or
If you are near the cell tower near my apartment = turn on WiFi

it's great

It costs a couple of bucks, but the next time someone tells you how great their iToy is - show them tasker!

Google should be fine,don't think there's any need to pay out for another one.

Can you see notifications on the app or not?

road tested it lastnight, its not as responsive as the dedicated unit i had, but then its half the price and also a phone. edit: also listening to music, it interupts the music to tell you were to go, that was amazing to me.

i can see notifcations but have to go to a special page.

i was trying to deal with this lastnight and it told me to fuck off. i've since moved to dolphin, whats recommeded for zip / rar?? need to be able to this without desktop interventon.

managed to track my sister's galaxy S after someone lifted it at a wedding using plan b - which you can install after the phone goes missing, via the android market. dead handy app.

after reading some stuff lastnight (yous probably know all this) it dawned on me that the facebook app is huge, so i just ported facebook through seismic and changed the notification email settings so gmail handles the notifications for facebook. facebook via opera mini is faster than the actual app so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back