Just got an Android phone..Recommended apps for it. (1 Viewer)

And I personally would reccommend Winamp as a great replacement music player, AndroZip for opening zip and rar files, Adao File Manager for browsing files, AK Notepad since there's no stock notepad for some reason and I'd also recommend installing the market versions of the Facebook and YouTube apps as they're far far better than the stock ones.

I'm not sure what ye mean in that you can't buy off the Android market? I've been buying off it for months.. You just need to set up a Google checkout account with the same email you set up the phone with.

Sorry I just reread my post I meant 'The Android Market place is now fully functional in Ireland now - I'm right in thinking this..'

Thanks - good info on those apps - do you know can WinAmp play Mp3s from a shared folder on a networkdrive?

Wow - soundhound works like magic..scary. it identified some fucking really obsure music..

WHats the best best way to set up security on your phone? Set the screen unlock to pin?

Are Security apps like seekscreen any good?

I cant find an answer t6o this online

After mucking baout w9th the settings I now find I cant upload photos to Picasa --yet I used to be able to

I keep getting the message "waiting to retry"

Does anyone know what I've done wrong?

I've tried changing the Mobile Network Settings , switching the 'Only use 2G Networks' on and off-- no joy in either mode

Facebook keeps crashing. It loads as normal then suddenly quits.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I launch the browser then go to Facebook

it's been working, though not very well since I got it...now it crashes all the time

Did you mean 'try installing the app'?

question for yas,

is anyone running a satnav application on android, and is it any use. if so, which one? google maps or a paid one or what?

Try not to use the browser for sites that have dedicated apps like Facebook/Twitter. If you've been doing that clear the browser cache as even the top phones only have a few hundred MB internal memory and the browser cache can take up most of that. I'd reccommend Dolphin Browser & move it to the SD card, much better than the stock browser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back