JohnnyStress on Telly (1 Viewer)

lovely clothes n all, but what a ridiculous excuse for a subculture.but whatever yer into i suppose

unlike for example....punk?
clothes ,hair ,tatoo s,, cars , a strange affinity with 50 s america,
its a wee bit shallow if you ask me too!!
is there a band from that scene that had half the impact the dead kennedys ,crass, the clash had ?
if the punk scene was totally centered around fun silly band s like the toy dolls and the exploited you d have a point but thank fuck it has a hellofa lot more depth

[
Originally Posted by DeAd_KeV what a ridiculous excuse for a subculture.but whatever yer into i suppose]

which, in my opinion, is overly superior and unnecessarily belittling. Especially when most "normal" people are like that about what you and your mates are into, and especially since you can't expect RTE to give the subculture a fair hearing. Can you imagine the job RTE would do on DIY punk?

Not trying to have a go at you boss, just saying that I thought it was a bit off.
nah i think kev's view is pretty fair. people who base their look or lifestyle or whatever (which is bollocks in itself) on the 60s or 70s have the piss ripped out of them constantly, because they look like twats and it's a lame, empty image. but rockabillies have a lot more links with more serious subcultures and to be fair look a lot cooler than hippie twats, so they get taken a bit more seriously. but still it's pretty much an image thing.

I enjoyed most of the show but the younger one was a bit crap really....would have been better to get someone who's really into it and being doin it for more than 5 mins. Just somebody wh'd be a bit more informative really.

is there a band from that scene that had half the impact the dead kennedys ,crass, the clash had ?
if the punk scene was totally centered around fun silly band s like the toy dolls and the exploited you d have a point but thank fuck it has a hellofa lot more depth

Swap cars for talking about shit that rarely gets done and 50 s america for late 70's/early 80's usually US or UK.
Considering the only real world impact punk has had is on how the media is used and how marketing is used to sell and buy. I don't really think punk has had that great of an impact.
Elvis Presley or Gene Vincent have probably had way more impact on the world.
Most people "grow out" of punk.

self-sufficiency, strong sense of community, and equality? i guess that's a pretty weak basis for a subculture...or...not
Please give directions to this punk utopia,but only if everyone gets along and there is no belief in superiority aand no one gossips behind people's back's(or on the internet) etc etc.

Hopefully they have a punk episode in the works. Can't wait to see the self congratulating for how well the punk scene came across and the revolution that follows to change the world for the better.

nah i think kev's view is pretty fair. people who base their look or lifestyle or whatever (which is bollocks in itself) on the 60s or 70s have the piss ripped out of them constantly, because they look like twats and it's a lame, empty image. but rockabillies have a lot more links with more serious subcultures and to be fair look a lot cooler than hippie twats, so they get taken a bit more seriously. but still it's pretty much an image thing.

Nooly,I am almost bewildered by this statement.I thinking yer in ripping the piss mode....

self-sufficiency, strong sense of community, and equality? i guess that's a pretty weak basis for a subculture...or...not

Nooly, are you talking about having a job,hanging around with friends,and them friends not being complete cunts?Well then If so I'm with you.

Damo,50's America was the where all this shit started.And it must be said that that the original rock'n'roll from this time literally turned young people into crazy rock bastards who kicked of the shackles of the straight old halfwits who were and still are running the show.And its still going on,we just know more notes now.I dare say women would still be in the kitchen knitting gingham cakes and non white dudes would still be getting used as improvised street lamps if the Big Bopper had'nt gotten his shit splattered all over the back of Richie Valens' head rest.

So why not fix yer hair up,get a tatoo of a hot-rod and do the footsie to some vintage rock.

Mind you they should lose the upright bass.

RIP the Bopper and R.V.

You talking about the one who was in the "candid" photos?

Is "Walking Around Town" a proper subculture?

How many hours a week do you spend stolling about the streets of Dubble-in there boss?
since i do my thesis work in trinity aimless wanders are always a welcome respite from actually getting anything done.including looking through records i can't afford..i'd say a good 40.if you walk around town lots you encapsulate a certain set of values that means your family won't break up though.

Link Wray, Bo Diddley, Elvis to name just a few i think may have had a bigger impact then any of the above bands you mentioned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back