JohnnyStress on Telly (2 Viewers)

yes well im not saying people who are into rockabilly are bad fucking people am i?I dont have any problem with people being into it, infact someone i live it/am very good freinds with is into it.its FINE.and yes, alot of things are silly.this being one of them,in my opinion.

yes well im not saying people who are into rockabilly are bad fucking people am i?

Nah, you didn't say that at all. You said

what a ridiculous excuse for a subculture.but whatever yer into i suppose

which, in my opinion, is overly superior and unnecessarily belittling. Especially when most "normal" people are like that about what you and your mates are into, and especially since you can't expect RTE to give the subculture a fair hearing. Can you imagine the job RTE would do on DIY punk?

Not trying to have a go at you boss, just saying that I thought it was a bit off.

okay, okay ridiculous was pretty harsh. i guess it did come of as pretty smug. obviously RTE arent gonna give it a fair go but seeing the show wasnt my introduction to it. i knew a fair bit about it all ready. the music is grand(not my bag but whatevs), i really like the fashion aswell, but just the the fact that the whole subculture is based on apeing the past i think is a wee bit silly.Thats all.I dont pretend punk doesnt have its major flaws either, it clearly does, and has its fair share of people who ape the past aswell.But at least it has progressed somewhat.Anyway My greivences with punk is for a different thread entirely.I was saying what i thought about rockabilly(this being a thread about a show on the subject), it was gary who brought punk into the equation.

I only brought punk into it as it's the obvious other subculture to use as an example of another ridiculous excuse for a subculture.

okay, okay ridiculous was pretty harsh. i guess it did come of as pretty smug. obviously RTE arent gonna give it a fair go but seeing the show wasnt my introduction to it. i knew a fair bit about it all ready. the music is grand(not my bag but whatevs), i really like the fashion aswell, but just the the fact that the whole subculture is based on apeing the past i think is a wee bit silly.Thats all.I dont pretend punk doesnt have its major flaws either, it clearly does, and has its fair share of people who ape the past aswell.But at least it has progressed somewhat.Anyway My greivences with punk is for a different thread entirely.I was saying what i thought about rockabilly(this being a thread about a show on the subject), it was gary who brought punk into the equation.

I don't mean to have a go at you either. Ya just started off on the wrong foot really.

A RAVER, not a FLAMER.

390629754_l.jpg

I heard the guys on Tubridy with Fanning this morning.They were cool.I used to have a quiff when I was younger.Did'nt fit in with my lifestyle with all the fixing it up and stuff.So I say RESPECT to the 'abillys of every persuasion be they Psych,Rock,Mixedability,Silly etc. All excellent choices for an outsider kid with dreams of becoming a real gone hep cat. IMO.

rockabilly and punk are equally as stupid.
F.O.A.D.

walked past that young un' today,doesn't seem to be into rockabilly anymore.
lulz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back