JohnnyStress on Telly (1 Viewer)

The young one was a 100%, dyed-in-the-wool, genuine Total Fuckin Eejit. I reckon people watching that who are actually into rockabilly for more than five minutes were well ticked off that she was given so much airtime. The entire impression was of someone trying to convince themselves of their own fantasy about themselves. Burger joints and white picket fences, I Love Lucy, one car in the driveway ("sometoimes two, loike"), she obviously didn't have a sniff of a clue.

It was obvious she was just wide-eyed, especially at the end when she went in to the pub. I found the other girl a bit more ridiculous (no offense because she is probably lovely) but, "I had no idea I was a rock-a-billy" ... "We plan to raise our children rock-a-billy".... "I'm getting O'Sullivan tattooed on my back" ... I am sure they are a lovely couple but she did no favors to herself with some of her chatter. The men were the only ones who came across well. The guy with the pool table should have been the whole show.

The entire impression was of someone trying to convince themselves of their own fantasy about themselves

That's what all teenagers do. There's a technical name for it which anyone who knows anything psychology might be able to tell us.

Not saying she wasn't an eejit loike.

there's only one way to sort this out - punks vs teds, stephen's green, sunday at high noon

50sTeddyBoys.jpg
vs
punks_1985.jpg

punk's not ted!

Teddys, Rockabillys, Punks, Mods, Rockers...
Not one of them is a genuine Irish subculture.
From now on there's only one subculture I aspire to be a part of.

422314_050728gal_ira7.jpg

Skiing in the Dublin Mountains
CHIN CHIN CHAROOOOOOOO

Lustfully Worshipping the Inverted Moongoat While Skiing down the Inverted Necromountain of Necrodeathmortum.

Punks%20London.jpg

versus

teddies.jpg

Teds would kick fuck out of them.

As someone pointed out, punk didn't start with the Sex Pistols, it started in the '50s with these lads, with the teddy boys, later on with the mods, soul boys, etc.

In a way all music can be traced back if you may to the 50s but English Punk started when fans became detatched from the "superbands" of the day such as Pink Floyd, Deep Purple and all those other dinosaurs, the fans only got to see them back from Row 236 at Earls Court or when the bands Rolls Royces were driving by and they'd open the window 2" and wave 1 hand out in a Queen Elizabeth II wave.
Dinosaur music was slow and boring, the youth of 75/76 wanted fast energy, a break from the music that was wallowing in its own egotism elite crap.

The young one was a 100%, dyed-in-the-wool, genuine Total Fuckin Eejit. I reckon people watching that who are actually into rockabilly for more than five minutes were well ticked off that she was given so much airtime.
Maybe so but since when do you have to have a Mastermind knowledge of what you're just getting into! Just enjoy it!

since i do my thesis work in trinity aimless wanders are always a welcome respite from actually getting anything done.including looking through records i can't afford..i'd say a good 40.if you walk around town lots you encapsulate a certain set of values that means your family won't break up though.

You'll end up doing yourself an injury.

1)I don't really think punk has had that great of an impact.
2) Most people "grow out" of punk.
1)Oh my I never thought that would come out of your mouth, maybe some of the others....
2)New age/DIY Punks prove that wrong too....unless you were referring to '77 Punks?

Damone's views were along the lines of what I would agree with.

I don't like Rock-a-billy but to slag them off on a thread about Rock-a-billy as some have is silly. !baggyyyy

For God's sake, would someone put this thin on the internetz in youtube?
This slagging match really got me interested in what the thing actually is like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back