Joe Lean scrap debut album (1 Viewer)

BonsaiSuperstar

http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2008/joe-lean-scraps-new-album

Joe Lean And The Jing Jang Jong have scrapped their forthcoming album following advice from their manager. The self-titled debut was due to be released by Vertigo on August 4, but their boss Raye Cosbert advised them that the material wasn’t representative of the group as they are now.

"They've grown as musicians, the album was recorded too early in their career," Cosbert told the NME. "The band have all agreed that's it's the best thing to do.” A Vertigo spokesman said, “We completely respect our artists’ creative decisions.”

Promo copies have already been sent out to journalists, meaning the “unrepresentative” tracks are out there. This led Xfm to ponder on the great records that have never had a proper release for one reason or another…

it's been review quite a bit

generally quite bad reviews

IMHO their first two singles were great, poppy smart, a little 60's and more fun then most UK guitar pop (Arctic Pigeon Monkeys) but suddenly the sound "toughened up" and all the fun Byrds-y Kinks bits were replaced by "pea soup" hi-hats and over compressed barbed wire guitars.

It'd be cool to think that this is a band who've decided not too release some generic pile of poo and get back to what made them sound exciting in the first place BUT I'd say it's more a record company cutting it's losses

Gas that's it's been scrapped this late, the promos have been around for about 4 or 5 weeks now.

I tell you what I bet The Black Kids wish they'd pulled their album... one luke warm single, a rash of being on every saturday morning music show and a really nervous performance on Glastonbury and *bang* your shitty album is being kicked to pieces all over the press... They're entire career arc has spanned about 12 weeks?!

I always thought they were a tribute to this man legend
_42371408_joedeane203.jpg

I hear that Joe Lean can't read, and that he's going to join The Script.
The rest of the band will give up music because it's a nasty industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back