Jobs (2 Viewers)

My company has vacancies for Instructional Designers for 6-8 month contracts.

PM me for details.

If you have technical writing experience, this might be for you.

Spend 6 months* learning a language.

You then have your choice of all the jobs.

*10 years

I wish you could swap jobs with someone. I mean, there's probably some person down the country unhappily living a quiet, boring existence, with a quiet boring job thinking they'd LOVE to get up to Dublin and work in an office or whathaveyou and here's me in an office in Dublin hankering to just get the fuck away from this city and go be boring but content somewhere small (and preferably by the sea).

:(

I wish you could swap jobs with someone. I mean, there's probably some person down the country unhappily living a quiet, boring existence, with a quiet boring job thinking they'd LOVE to get up to Dublin and work in an office or whathaveyou and here's me in an office in Dublin hankering to just get the fuck away from this city and go be boring but content somewhere small (and preferably by the sea).

:(
check the back pages of your union newspaper?

Or if you've got an IT qualification

I've applied for lots of these jobs lately, I dunno if I'm out of my depth though, or under-qualified or what - I'm barely getting any acknowledgements that I've even applied for the jobs not to mind interviews or job offers. This morning I was talking to the brother-in-law and he told me he reckons lots of companies advertise jobs even when they have no real intention of hiring. Is this true? It's highly irritating behaviour if so. It's not as if I have nothing better to do than sit around applying for non-existent jobs.

check the back pages of your union newspaper?

You know what the stinger is, Pete? I'm employed directly by my agency, so I'm technically a public servant and not a civil servant. So I can't swap, as far as I know, and there are jobs advertised by email that I really want, which, for example, interest me more, or, more importantly, would allow me to move closer to where my son lives, but I can't go for them, though my colleague sitting across the way from me can, simply because he's seconded Department staff.
My only hope is that my agency is amalgamating with another agency next year and if we have a surplus of my grade I can go for re-deployment.

My biggest mistake was not trying to join the service as soon as I left school. Woe is me.

But fuck it, it's Friday tomorrow. :(

I've applied for lots of these jobs lately, I dunno if I'm out of my depth though, or under-qualified or what - I'm barely getting any acknowledgements that I've even applied for the jobs not to mind interviews or job offers. This morning I was talking to the brother-in-law and he told me he reckons lots of companies advertise jobs even when they have no real intention of hiring. Is this true? It's highly irritating behaviour if so. It's not as if I have nothing better to do than sit around applying for non-existent jobs.

I haven't worked in IT for a decade and still regularly get e-mails from recruitment agencies asking me to apply for things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back