JK Rowling sues geek author (1 Viewer)

Froog

Get some!
Supporter
multimillionaire author of the harry potter books is sueing this geek guy who is writing an encyclopaedia on the books:

Steven Vander Ark said his only goal was to celebrate Rowling, sitting in front of him, who he called a "genius".
Rowling had earlier told the court his plans to publish The Harry Potter Lexicon amounted to "wholesale theft".
She is suing Mr Vander Ark and his publisher RDR Books in New York for copyright infringement.
Asked whether he still thought of himself as part of the Harry Potter fan community, Mr Vander Ark struggled to speak through tears. "I do," he said. "It's been... it's been difficult because there's been a lot of criticism, obviously, but... it has been an important part of my life for the last nine years or so."

On Monday, Rowling told the court she had stopped work on a new novel because her legal concerns had "decimated my creative work". She denied the case was about money and accused Mr Vander Ark of "an act of betrayal" in using her fiction as the basis for his guide.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7349913.stm

the poor fucker, don't know what rowling has to gain by all this. i guess he still breached copyright, but fucking hell, give the guy a break.
look at him, he is harry potter for fuck sake:

_44572295_vander_get_226.jpg

not sure. what a bitch though. someone writes a guide to your books and you sue them. so what if its a bad guide as she said? it'll hardly dissuade anyone else from buying the books.

i could have done with that guide at christmas watching
Harry Poster Fights a Werewolf - what the shit was that
all about? They lost me after about an hour

What age is that dude? Seriously? Can the judge slap him and tell him to cop on or...?
Asked whether he still thought of himself as part of the Harry Potter fan community, Mr Vander Ark struggled to speak through tears. "I do," he said. "It's been... it's been difficult because there's been a lot of criticism, obviously, but... it has been an important part of my life for the last nine years or so."

_44572295_vander_get_226.jpg

Jaysis, he's been cursed already with that face, you'd think Jake Dowling would allow him a little access to some of the facial reconstruction funding she has been afforded by Providence?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back