JK Rowling sues geek author (1 Viewer)

I might be grumpy this morning. And I might be wrong, but I dont give a shit.

On the stand, Rowling was almost in tears as she described how Vander Ark's work has hurt her; the case has "decimated my creative work over the last month," she said.
First of all. Cop on. You are fucking crying about it? About a guy that collated and alphabetised a load of information in a book you wrote?
Jesus. Fuck your self. Who do you think you are, Hilary Clinton?

Secondly, decimated.
deci-mated. Deci. 10. It means, you take 1 in 10, and you throw it away, or kill it.
Look, I dont give a fuck what dictionary.com says, or anyone else, the definition of the word is contained within the word. 10. There's no room for maneuver here.

Changing the definition is like saying, I am going to use the decimal system to count, but when I say decimal I mean binary.

No dude, decimated means "mated with 10"

I used to like JK Rowling, and I loved the Harry Potter books, but this put me right off her. What's her fucking problem? Why on earth would an unauthorised encyclopedia of her work make her want to cry? And did it really make her want to cry, or did she just say that to the judge in a (hopefully futile) effort to sway an important legal decision? Either way, you are suspended from my cool list, Ms Rowling

A> she's a woman
B> she's a woman who suffers from various mental illness, which is no different from A> i suppose

mad the lot of them!

Seriously, is your man actually a woman?
There is more than a touch of girly about him alright.

Nice tagging action by the way.

wiki says Rowling is worth over 1 billion dollars.

dr-evil.jpg

i always thought decimate meant having ten friends.
like decadent means having ten teeth.

also, in my firefox tab the title of this thread is 'JK Rowling sues gee'. my day is complete!

A billion can mean a million million or a thousand million depending on if you are talking to a Brits Out, or a Septic tank.

Jesus. I never realised I was such pedantic prick.

Either way though, she'd probably be able to fork out for the bit of flake bar stuck in her ice cream cone.

A billion can mean a million million or a thousand million depending on if you are talking to a Brits Out, or a Septic tank.

Jesus. I never realised I was such pedantic prick.

Either way though, she'd probably be able to fork out for the bit of flake bar stuck in her ice cream cone.

Generally when they are talking about money you'd assume its the 1000 Million they are referring to

10 to the 9 would be a lot of dough

Generally when they are talking about money you'd assume its the 1000 Million they are referring to

10 to the 9 would be a lot of dough

Is that right is it?
Makes sense, big transactions are usually in US Dollars, so you would use that meaning of the word.

Ahh, so, apparently Trillion means million million in Americaneze. I was always a bit vague about that number.
I knew it was a bad number though.

A trillion of anything normally means trouble.

Speaking of crackpot loola legal matters, the State Of Oregon has issued cease & desist letters to a number of websites who published the Revised Statutes - the public state laws of Oregon - on their websites claiming the material is copyrighted and that the state's nod to public information begins & ends within the confines of their own website -only they can publish these laws in. Hah! Oregon is cuckoo bananas.

I am sort of involved with running a few genomic web sites, and a letter came in, a proper cease and desist, saying unless we take down and erase all instances of some gene and protein name (I forget what it was, KRC-1 or something like that) there would be legal action taken.

The funny part was, the gene KRC-1 (or whatever the thing was called) was named about 3 years before douchebaggers.com registered it as their magical special word.
Like, just to be clear here, KRC-1 would be buried in amongst 20 odd thousand other genes, have a few papers written about it, and now they want us to go back and change every journal, publish changes, go through every reference, every paper / thesis database over the last 10 years, because they come along afterwards, and say this word is ours.
Unreal.

Lawyers man.
Lets go after the scientists! What has any of their "gene" stuff ever done for us?

I am sort of involved with running a few genomic web sites, and a letter came in, a proper cease and desist, saying unless we take down and erase all instances of some gene and protein name (I forget what it was, KRC-1 or something like that) there would be legal action taken.

The funny part was, the gene KRC-1 (or whatever the thing was called) was named about 3 years before douchebaggers.com registered it as their magical special word.
Like, just to be clear here, KRC-1 would be buried in amongst 20 odd thousand other genes, have a few papers written about it, and now they want us to go back and change every journal, publish changes, go through every reference, every paper / thesis database over the last 10 years, because they come along afterwards, and say this word is ours.
Unreal.

Lawyers man.
Lets go after the scientists! What has any of their "gene" stuff ever done for us?

Did you post about this before or did I read about it in New Scientist or something, crazy shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back