JJ Abrams New Film [1-18-08 / Cloverfield / Slusho / Overnight] (2 Viewers)

I enjoyed it but it was a little............. not that great.

Looked incredible. Seamless effects and some great tense set-pieces.

But........too much wandering around with characters you didn't really care about and how a creature that size can just sneak up on you like it did with Hud is a bit ridiculous.

Enjoyed it though.

Nobody will go see this with me.

"Euw, neuw, net Cleuverfield. It's teautil Ribbish. Wheu would geuw see that dross?"

Me. I would. It's got buildings falling down in it and big angry monsters.

All my friends are fucking hipsters.

Fuck it, I'll go with you. But you're buying the popcorn.

Coke is on me (Non Katy French-Type - And diet-ish).

oh ffs wilbert!

You didn't think that bit was slightly daft?

Didn't stop me enjoying it or anything but it was funny when the camera panned away for a second, then back and there was a 100 foot monster standing beside him that nobody had seen approaching. Maybe he was standing behind a tree and jumped out on them?

Didn't stop me enjoying it or anything but it was funny when the camera panned away for a second, then back and there was a 100 foot monster standing beside him that nobody had seen approaching. Maybe he was standing behind a tree and jumped out on them?
no i havent seen it!!! spoiler alert!

they were looking the other way

The shakey cam was way over done. A fair few people left the show I was at, within the first 30 mins. I'm pretty sure motion sickness was the cause.

Was an "ok" movie, nothing more. Not as good as it could/should have been. Too many silly bits. Huge monster sneaking up on them.... the guy continuing to film when he was dragging his buddy along.... poor dialogue....

Just watch the cool clips of the monster on youtube and save your cash.

I loved it. Plenty of folks left when I was at it too, but I thought the shaky cam was what made it. Really love that breaking down of the fourth wall. Great movie.

Actually, while i'm here; and we're talking about subtle media exposure etc, There's a huge billboard in times square in I am Legend with advertising Batman v Superman. You reckon someone's saying it'll be out by 2010?

Just a guess here but I'm thinking that was an wink-wink joke. Like the $6 gas price.

The movie was pretty good. Godzilla meets Blair Witch as promised.
Got a few laughs from the cameraman guy, the chick that got bitten was hot and the mini creatures got a few jumps.
Passed the Hammerite test.

It's actually what happens a few years after this

daniel_franzese14.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back