Jinx Lennon (1 Viewer)

He played a couple gigs in my old shop, great lyricist, but i had the fear afetr 5 songs.

He played support for Dr. Fucking Sean Cunting Miller. I swear to fuck, that roundy little tub of bono, i'll fucking,,...christ......3feb2kjktrhgetkhvetv.

Please excuse me for a bit.

he was supporting whipping boy and it was the woman that sings with him, kept on calling limerick people ignorant scumbags or something like that cause there was too much noise, then this pint glass came flying over their heads and hit the black drape behind them and fell harmlessly to the ground, then she kept on slagging and another glass came hurtling through the air and smashed right beside her. They left the stage shortly after.

personally i don't like his songs, I had to do sound for him for a couple of times and it just didn't click. nice guy but annoying songs.

i went to see him in the sugar club a few weeks back. he needs to ditch yer one, shes an awful fucking eejit. kept telling people to be quiet and whenever she got up to sing she'dwould ask the crowd do they like her.

still, jinx is pretty cool. i dig his style.

i went to see him in the sugar club a few weeks back. he needs to ditch yer one, shes an awful fucking eejit. kept telling people to be quiet and whenever she got up to sing she'dwould ask the crowd do they like her.

still, jinx is pretty cool. i dig his style.

Paula is cool. If she told the crowd to be quiet, then they probably should have been more quiet. Her voice is so soft that it can get drowned out easily...

I haven't seen him live but I like that 30 Beacons of light album a lot. The lyrics are really sharp and you identify or at least recognize the characters populating his songs. I can see how people would hate him too; he's pretty in your face, not your typical singer songwriter, which can only be a good thing......

saw him in cork a few weeks ago
thought maybe 3 or 4 songs were brilliant
the rest was annoying or shit
the sound in there was awful though
would be interested in hearing him again in a better venue

wouldnt mind hearing his album too
is in on general release?

Is that a poem?

That "Stop Giving Out About Nigerians" is a masterpiece.

I think he's a genius lyricist and live performer. Saw for the first time in Upstairs Dolans a few months back and it was one of the the most memorable gigs i've ever been to. His set is divided between hammering out gems like "You Must Forgive The Cunts" on his acoustic, and then changing over to this little casio keyboard for the more "uptempo" songs.

The time i saw him, he had played a couple of tunes on the little keyboard, and people were starting to dance a bit. So he asked everyone in the audience to get up and dance to his next song, which surprisingly they all did. So everybody's giddy, waiting to bust their moves for Jinx's next uptempo number, which he promptly introduces as "a very serious song about domestic violence, a huge problem in Ireland today, this is called Bruised Banana" and launches into this hyperactive tune, not giving people a chance to register what he had just said. So everybody's flailing around and whooping to this song about a domestic beating...
genius i tells ya!

This documentary was quite interesting. I'm impressed that RTE would cover Jinx, given that he's probably below their usual radar. I nearly choked on my Special K when I saw David McWilliams on the programme. (Is there a character 'pundit-man' in his book?)

I would have liked to have seen more interview footage with Jinx. His lyrics are deadly, but I'm not sure about his songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back