Jim's case update (1 Viewer)

Lordjaysus

Jim's case is being heard tommorrow (well thius morning) in the Four Courts at about ten fifteen. The last time he was in court the judge ruled out any chance of him being given asylum on political grounds or denying the warrant of extradition to the UK. Now his main hope lies in the legality of the warrant, any mistakes and he will win his case and likely be deported to the US, no mistakes and he will be extradited to the UK to face trial. If he does lose then he has a chance of appealing, however this may not be a good idea as any time spent in an Irish prison is unlikely to come off his eventual sentance. Also there is reason to hope that if he goes to trial in the UK that he can plea bargain for ABH and not GBH with intent, a far more serious crime. Another problem with the warrant may be the concept of dual criminality, that the crime they are trying to extradite him for is either has no close equivalent here or else carries a lighter sentence.I think this might be his case. I realise I posted this far too late for anyone to be able to attend but at least those who care know what's going on. I will post up the results of the case afterwards. It seems likely that whatever the outcome Jim will be out of Ireland in around a fortnight, either to remand in London or posiible freedom in New York.
IN COURT 3
MR JUSTICE PEART

AT 10.30 O'CLOCK
EXTRADITION

If anyone wants to try and visit him they should ring John Toxic, if you don't have his number I'm not givin it to you. Or write during the next week and it should reach him.

Just got back from the Four Courts. The judge said that Jim's case was only getting a mention today. I guess that means he needs more time to consider his verdict. It was horrible to see him being led around in handcuffs surrounded by fat old men in wigs and culchie coppers. He is pretty upset that he didn't get dealt with today, he has been messed around a lot. His case will almost certainly be judged next Thursday the eleventh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back