jaysus (1 Viewer)

egg_ said:
Don't think so
You might need to persist for a while though, and go to lots of their gigs
Not lots of gigs, just one, come to one gig introduce yourself and we'll get you a slot on the next available gig.
If you continue to support the gigs then GigSmart will try its best to continue to support you, thats how we operate.

However I know that I don't even check my voicemails so thats probably not the best form of communication from my part, the best way is to log onto gigsmartireland.com check when the next gig is on and where it is, then come along and introduce yourself, we don't like hearing about bands going to other web boards and whinging about us like little bitches that think that we owe them something, so if your anyone except this whinge biscuit ( not clique but if it makes you feel better to think that we are then knock yourself out ), then come on in out of the cold.

Regards

Niall

A bit harsh, I have organised gigs for 92 bands so far this year and of course there's many bands that I have organised gigs for repeatedly cause they are supportive, talented and mates.
We get calls all the time and screams of cliquey, and we take it really seriously we even started a thread on our own site asking people what they taught and asked everyone to be extremely honest, we got some good feedback.
And anyone with a legit reason to be feeling pissed off we talked to them but anyone thats just whining cause they made a poxy phone call and think that we should be obliged to run around after them they are sorely mistaken.

We do what we do cause it makes us happy, but we are obligated to no one.

Niall

Niall S. said:
A bit harsh, I have organised gigs for 92 bands so far this year and of course there's many bands that I have organised gigs for repeatedly cause they are supportive, talented and mates.
We get calls all the time and screams of cliquey, and we take it really seriously we even started a thread on our own site asking people what they taught and asked everyone to be extremely honest, we got some good feedback.
And anyone with a legit reason to be feeling pissed off we talked to them but anyone thats just whining cause they made a poxy phone call and think that we should be obliged to run around after them they are sorely mistaken.

We do what we do cause it makes us happy, but we are obligated to no one.

Niall
jayzus ye must have to listen to some shite out of 92 bands ,my apologies .:eek:

haha fucking hell man relax. i post one little (half tounge in cheek message) and i'm a Whinge biscuit ?!

i couldn't give a bollix either way man... i was just giving my little story.

keep up the good work but don't call me a fucking whinge biscuit again i'm not the type

The point I am making is that for some reason, people tend to put way too much faith in us, some moron called me up a while ago going on like if I didn't get him a gig soon, that the world would end or some crap like that.
This was 2 days before I was heading off to Australia, I was trying to explain to this person that I am going to a whole other continent in 2 days and I am f**ked if I am taking time out of my as is hectic schedule to sort you out with a gig.
Of course I was polite about it, but while over in Australia what happens?? I come back home ( last week ) our website has been hacked and we lose 2 years of Data and Posts and contacts, emails etc etc etc.
And we still have people griping at us, when all we are, is 3 people with full time jobs trying to do whatever we can to help as many people as possible.
Take this week for example, from Today to next Wednesday, We have 2 gigs to organise tomorrow night, We have one in the Hub and one in The Music centre both are gigsmart gigs and no my band isn't playing either of them.
Then we have a gig in the forum in Waterford on Saturday to organise, we have 3 bands going down and I am traveling down with them on Friday night, I had the venue to book, hotel rooms, getting the bands the bus schedule and backline, promotion etc, etc, etc.
Then I have another gig on Next Wednesday, My band is playing this one however, I have band practice on Thursdays and Sundays, so between being in a band and running a band network I am busy pretty much everyday.
And I told my buddy Tom that I'd support his band in Wicklow, thats five gigs in one week.
We also have to meet with the guys in another collective this week and a venue owner about regular gigs in the city centre for all ages crowds and then we are meeting with a music collective in wales about a band exchange.

While all this is going on we have a totally rediculour law suit against us ( allegedly ), we have had our site hacked and then we have cheap shots being swung at us.
I don't get it what have we done thats so f**kin bad that it requires this kind of bollox?
And when I send a post back saying "look if you don't want in thats fine but if your gonna talk shit about us then you can f**k off".
But then its Ohh you run a music collective you should be more accomodating than that, where's your professionalism man???

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back