Jaysus cycling! (5 Viewers)

A relaxing 25k last night. I'm seeing a whole load of new back roads that are within 15k of the gaff. It's like a tour of "the mansions of meath". Some are tasteless lumps of houses but there are also lots of stylish mega gaffs. With LOADS more being built. Plenty of money around here.
Once we were cycling past a field with horses and this beautiful horse ran alongside us for the length of the field. It was lovely.

Minor spill on the way to work this morning. 3 finger cuts and a little hip bruise. Nobody's fault other than a slightly oily corner junction after a rain shower. I've totally warned people about this in the past. Bike is grand, about an 8 minute delay stopping the leaks.

Still love cycling. Especially in the sun.

Now cycling to work more than driving.
Taking the touring bike on mondays loaded with clothes etc for the week.
Pointy Bike tuesday/wed (its faster and easier)
Thursday using touring bike (mule) to take everything home.
Friday driving/groceries/recycling etc.

Best tip I can give for cycling to work is when you start, start on a monday. I tried last year and always pitched for thursday under the assumption that most of the weeks work was sorted by then. What really happens is the latter week slump kicks in and I couldn't be fucked.
Starting monday makes me wake up on tuesday and look at the car like a complete inconvenience.

I got new "thinner and faster" tyres for my hybrid bike. The fucking things look exactly the same to me. If anything they have MORE rubber on the road because the last ones had grippy lumps all over them. Fucking pricks in halfords.

I'm hopefully getting new tyres for my very low budget Halfords bike from my local shop. Something more puncture resistant so I feel confident going for a longer ride, can't be arsed with going fast. I'd like to finally cycle to Dundalk to Newry in the coming weeks.

I'm hopefully getting new tyres for my very low budget Halfords bike from my local shop. Something more puncture resistant so I feel confident going for a longer ride, can't be arsed with going fast. I'd like to finally cycle to Dundalk to Newry in the coming weeks.

I say 'hopefully' as yer man said he was ordering them in, so I'm expecting a call. That was when I took it to the shop after my gears disintegrated a fortnight ago at Carrickdale - the bearings started dropping out of the rear cassette and the whole thing began wobbling on the axle and grinding on the frame. That was a long walk home.

I say 'hopefully' as yer man said he was ordering them in, so I'm expecting a call. That was when I took it to the shop after my gears disintegrated a fortnight ago at Carrickdale - the bearings started dropping out of the rear cassette and the whole thing began wobbling on the axle and grinding on the frame. That was a long walk home.

Holy fuck.

I was just about to say, tires shouldn't be a worry at that distance, throw a spare tube and a mini pump in a bag if you are worried.

I got new "thinner and faster" tyres for my hybrid bike. The fucking things look exactly the same to me. If anything they have MORE rubber on the road because the last ones had grippy lumps all over them. Fucking pricks in halfords.

More rubber on the road makes them faster.

I got new tyres recently 28mm width which is a full 3mm wider than the last ones. I don't think I can fit anything much wider on the frame. They are really great though I wasn't comfortable on the narrow narrow 25s with no grips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back