Jaysus cycling! (11 Viewers)

obviously every other road user should be constantly looking in every direction for cyclists, who shouldn't bother making any effort whatsoever

Exactly. This is the cycling thread after all. Glad you get it finally.

Think of it more as a safe space for cyclists where we don't have to listen to the constant anti cyclist rhetoric.

On the way to work I noticed something was very wrong with my bike. Seems it's a loose hub.
Hub loose | Bike Boo Boos

Is this a DIY fix or do I need to bring it to a competent adult?

Bear in mind I'm rubbish at this sort of thing.

It would be tricky to do and you'd probably need some specific bike tools to try it you could also put a new hub in the wheel by taking off the spokes or maybe buy a new wheel

There's a mad lad who I run into everyday on my cycle in to work. He breaks every single red light without even the amount of time to process what could be coming the other way. A couple of times he's sailed past me quite dangerously as the lights have changed to green and then even though he's cycling quite slowly, I never catch up to him because he's sailed through the next red light.

Anyway, last week on my way into work, he overtook me at the traffic light, sailed on through but I caught up with him by the time he reached the next one where I was going to turn left. I think on hearing me approach, he must have thought I was going to overtake him cause the MAD LAD put his hand out to block me and then shook his finger in a "no overtaking" way. In the meantime, I'd turned left but he continued to do this weird no overtaking gesture to some mysterious pursuing ghost cyclist for a good hundred metres until he disappeared out of view.

Ugh, I hate that kind of thing. There's some guy I come across on the way to work every now and then who's always peddling full pelt on his bicycle that's wayyy too small for him, his knees wobbling on either side of the bike as he gives it his all. He ignores all the lights too. I always expect him to break into a wheelie but he never does : (

On the way to work I noticed something was very wrong with my bike. Seems it's a loose hub.
Hub loose | Bike Boo Boos

Is this a DIY fix or do I need to bring it to a competent adult?

Bear in mind I'm rubbish at this sort of thing.

"cone spanners" what the?

Guess it's the bike repair shop then

It is an easy enough fix, but anything to do with that gear - hubs, bearings etc., I let the bike shop handle.
Always good to have it in with them every few months anyway, especially if you're using it every day.

Sister got pulled over for running a red light on O'Connell St by the Gards
40 euro fine, 3 points on her licence. So she gives a bogey address and says she's no ID.
Gard says they have to impound the bike til the fine is paid and ID shown at Pearse St.
She has her work ID on her hip, Gard asks to see it.
She's given her real first name and a makey-up 2nd name, so she says that the work ID is her maiden name.
Gard, grudgingly, lets her keep her bike.

They are seriously not fucking around. 3 fucking points!!!
Isn't that what you get for speeding?

Jesus fucking H.

Get bogey ID, lads. Worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back