Jaysus cycling! (9 Viewers)

I fell at the first hurdle and got into a screaming match with someone in a car after stating on this very forum that I was going to change my ways. Your man actually refused to let me into the cycle lane that he was driving/waiting in and then honked at me once I managed to go around him and get in it.

I failed to obtain the moral high ground and the other cyclists in the area wouldn't even look at me.

I must do better next time
http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/01/26/cycling-now-with-added-worthiness/

I fell at the first hurdle and got into a screaming match with someone in a car after stating on this very forum that I was going to change my ways. Your man actually refused to let me into the cycle lane that he was driving/waiting in and then honked at me once I managed to go around him and get in it.

I failed to obtain the moral high ground and the other cyclists in the area wouldn't even look at me.

I must do better next time

had a bit of a barney with a bus driver meself yesterday. I was a bit fucked off cos of the rain though so was narkier than usual. Still, he cut me off to pull into the bus stop, realised what he was at and ended up having to pull in about 15 feet past the bus stop. I couldn't very well let him away with that without saying something.

I think I may have finally turned the corner and am no longer the shouting, screaming mess of a poor advertisement for cyclists that I once was. I had an incident this morning which involved three things that should have sent me off the rails.
  • I was in the bike lane minding my own business when a car pulled across me to take a right from oncoming traffic. I was flying along and had enough time to realise that I was definitely going across the bonnet of the car, but miraculously stopped in time.
  • I thought I was shocked until your man rolled down his window and spoke to me in an Aussie accent. (I know it’s a pot, kettle, black situation what with me being American and having a ridiculous accent myself, but I prefer the sound of Raccoons fighting/making love to the sound of an Aussie accent)
  • And here is the capper. He said to me. ‘It’s called an accident mate, look it up’ and then pulled off.
There was a time in my life when a shitbox driving maneuver, a shitbox accent , a shitbox comment and an open window would have resulted in a lot of profanity, a few threats, the hocking of a greener to the face and a quick retreat, but no longer. Onwards and upwards.

There was a time in my life when a shitbox driving maneuver, a shitbox accent , a shitbox comment and an open window would have resulted in a lot of profanity, a few threats, the hocking of a greener to the face and a quick retreat, but no longer. Onwards and upwards.

you sir are a better man than me

I drove me scooter to work this morning for the first time is three weeks. I always thought that sometimes I'm a bit of a prick towards car drivers for no reason when on the push bike but looking at it from the motorbike point of view this morning, alot of people in cars are cunts to people on bikes. I will no longer fell like a prick when cycling

'handy'
http://laughingsquid.com/night-biking-gloves-with-led-turn-signals/
nightgloves1.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The aggressive guy is the best

@Transformation--note hipster with uke

I cycle from town through Ranelagh to Donnybrook every evening. I see so much stupidity from cyclists I completely understand why motorists hate us. Latest example: there's a pedestrian crossing lights approaching Ranelagh with a turn off not far ahead, down Dartmouth Rd I think. So obviously cars coming from Ranelagh see the red light and take the chance to turn right down it. I always stop but of course some dick, in all the cycling gear and with a nice bike goes through and comes head to head with a car turning right. The car has to jam on and the dick on the bike cycles on. And I'm just standing there thinking, for fuck's sake. Fucking dickhead. I break lights and whathaveyou all the time but the rule is never to do it to the detriment of other road users. I mean, it's pretty fucking simple.

I nearly get hit by a cyclist every day while walking. I use the crosswalks. Only walk when it's green for me and cyclists always come through breaking the red light. If cars broke lights there would be accidents all time. That said, I hate jaywalkers too. People stepping off the curb without looking (or not at a crosswalk) trying to cross when they don't have the right of way are just as bad. Follow the rules and everyone would be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back