Jaysus cycling! (8 Viewers)

Man, I'm so fucking SICK of idiot cyclists. Coming down Sandford Road away from Ranelagh. Lights go red at junction with Belmont Avenue. Fella in front of me just keeps going, even though the cars who were about to turn out of Belmont had to stop or else run him over. I'm amazed. Next thing a real cyclist, helmet, jacket, panniers, shorts, comes around (the stationary) me, and does the same thing. Both times a car pulling out had to jam on and let them by. It's no wonder motorists hate us, don't give us an inch, pull out regardless of whether it'll slow us down etc. etc. Fucking asshole cyclists. Grrrr.

Motorists are cunts no matter what you do.

This is probably true. I was almost struck by 4 motorists on my way to work this morning (possibly a record). However, I'd like to think that if cyclists weren't such cunts themselves this figure may only have been, say, 2. Which would be progress, of sorts.

I didn't really thunk cyclists should pay motor tax, you'd want to be doing serious miles to make the slightest impact on the condition of the roads. it annoys me that they just draw a few lines on pre existing roads and call it a cycle lane and then expect drivers to avoid you cahnts. its sorta like when you are five and someone draws a line in the sandpit and much wrestling ensues over proximity to the line. I'm part of the good 4% motorists who dont want to kill all cyclists on sight. Just we are two feet below you in a box that weighs 1-2 tonnes and have to listen to some shit like george hook and even in full vests with lights you can still be invisible unless you make a deliberate attempt to flash your light across the wing mirrors. I cycled everywhere for five years, plenty of scrapes, plenty of near misses - the old (i believe from thumped) 'every driver in this city should be made cycle for a year first' kinda applies both ways, a few incidents of trying to complete a journey home white faced with your heart jumping through your chest after nearly unwillingly making mince of some person on a bike while avoiding the same arrogant pricks in 4x4s and the like jumping lanes and so forth is also relevant experience.

it annoys me that they just draw a few lines on pre existing roads and call it a cycle lane and then expect drivers to avoid you cahnts

trust me, cyclists hate this even more than you do. After all we're the ones taking our lives into our hands.

anyway, my cycle in this morning was 13 miles into a headwind. Then I had to walk up amiens st for a bit cos it was closed off where that poor lad was killed last night. Then more headwind. I'm about ready for a snooze.

I hate northerly winds.

I didn't really thunk cyclists should pay motor tax, you'd want to be doing serious miles to make the slightest impact on the condition of the roads.
an engineer told me that a wheel causes wear and tear to the road to the tune of the third power of the weight per wheel. so doubling the weight does 8 times the damage.
a bike might be 50kg per wheel, a small car would be about 250kg per wheel. so a car would do 250 times the damage to the roads a bike would.

scutter; its seems when you have the wind on your back i have it on my face. Great cycle this morning shit one both ways yesterday.

Motor Tax hmmm I have to pay it on both a motor bike and a car yet i cant drive them both at the same time meaning i cant do greater the damage to the road having the two vehicular, go figure.

Motor Tax on CO2 emissions? More like we dont have any money lets tax people and use the excuse that we're saving the environment.

Cyclist paying motor tax makes no logical sense but introducing it for "making money off the people tax" it does. Whoever suggested it should be in politics.

it's an absolute no-brainer to stick motor tax onto petrol and diesel, so i don't know why the government don't do it. you get taxed based on how much you use your car. some countries even load insurance onto fuel, so you cannot drive uninsured.

it's an absolute no-brainer to stick motor tax onto petrol and diesel, so i don't know why the government don't do it. you get taxed based on how much you use your car. some countries even load insurance onto fuel, so you cannot drive uninsured.

yes, it would seem a no-brainer. I'd imagine the reason they don't do this is because those taxes are managed by different departments. Motor tax is done by the dept of the environment I think, while petrol tax is the department of varadkar (fucking imbecilic moron)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back