Jaysus cycling! (3 Viewers)

That's the wife's bike Mullers is locking up in that video. Bought it off Transformation a few years back. It was in getting repaired at the time. Fairly surprised to see it all away across town from where it was being fixed. Class vidjo all the same

A load of stuff was moved to the new workshop/cafe on Fade Street.

'bus' in my world translates to;

- 20 minute walk to bus stop
- wait for bus
- >1hr on the bus into town
- 5-10 minute walk to DART
- wait for DART
- 15 minute DART ride to clontarf
- wait at DART station for bus to business park
- 5-10 mins on bus

This equates to over 3 hours round trip so I don't really consider it an option

- wait for bus
- wait for DART
- 5-10 mins on bus

i suggest you move to clontarf so

i have 90 seconds to bus stop, ~45-50 mins on bus, 2 minutes to desk

- wait for bus
- wait for DART
- 5-10 mins on bus

eastpoint?

shuddddddddddder....

I didn't mean to imply that anything untowards transpired. The wife dropped it off in the boro and collected it there. Got a good deal on the repairs as well because they took a curiously long time. Oops, did it again.

HA

I would be in wicklow though.

Looking forward to hometimes. Should be a monsoon, but wind in the back.

it never saw though is it? you cycle to work, wind in your face thinking 'at least the ride home will be easier', but the wind is always in your face then too.

it never saw though is it? you cycle to work, wind in your face thinking 'at least the ride home will be easier', but the wind is always in your face then too.

I think it may even have changed already. Looking at the rainfall radar on met.ie it looks like the weather system is coming up from wexford direction, meaning the wind direction is now more south easterly than northerly (as it was this morning).

oh well. I will take it as it comes. If its in my face I am quite prepared to die my second death of the day.

I have a quick question for my fellow cyclists and general road users here on thumped. In an effort to attain the moral high ground with regards to my cycling life. I have stopped breaking any lights, don’t mount the footpath and generally follow all of the rules of the road to a ‘t’. I have gone so far as to always stop before the crosswalks as this was an area that often caused verbal altercations.

This morning I ran into a pedestrian (literally), who was walking in the cycle lane and refused to acknowledge my bell. He tried to argue his case for not using the footpath, citing the large number of people using the footpath at the time. This was on Westland Row and a full DART train had just unloaded. I refused to turn into the snarling sack of profanity I used to turn into in such occasions and calmly repeated that ‘in fairness, you were in the cycle lane’ and when I had had enough I raised my hand to stop my accuser and said ‘Thank you sir’ and cycled off.

So here is my question. Do I still have the moral high ground? I hit your man on purpose, not hard, but on purpose because he was walking in the cycle lane and wouldn’t move when I rang my bell. I had enough room to go around him although traffic was stopped and it would have meant me moving into a position in which a car door would destroy my day and possible my dental work.

I have a quick question for my fellow cyclists and general road users here on thumped. In an effort to attain the moral high ground with regards to my cycling life. I have stopped breaking any lights, don’t mount the footpath and generally follow all of the rules of the road to a ‘t’. I have gone so far as to always stop before the crosswalks as this was an area that often caused verbal altercations.

This morning I ran into a pedestrian (literally), who was walking in the cycle lane and refused to acknowledge my bell. He tried to argue his case for not using the footpath, citing the large number of people using the footpath at the time. This was on Westland Row and a full DART train had just unloaded. I refused to turn into the snarling sack of profanity I used to turn into in such occasions and calmly repeated that ‘in fairness, you were in the cycle lane’ and when I had had enough I raised my hand to stop my accuser and said ‘Thank you sir’ and cycled off.

So here is my question. Do I still have the moral high ground? I hit your man on purpose, not hard, but on purpose because he was walking in the cycle lane and wouldn’t move when I rang my bell. I had enough room to go around him although traffic was stopped and it would have meant me moving into a position in which a car door would destroy my day and possible my dental work.

Westland Row is one of those streets, like Nassau St, where the path just isn't wide enough to cope with the number of people that walk up and down it. I go by there on my way home and there are frequently people in the bike lane.

You do have the high moral ground in this situation and I reckon any pedestrian wouldn't even try and dispute that. Personally I wouldn't have hit into them, but I do tend to cycle close to them on purpose to try and give them a little bit of a fright (I try and calculate it to make the situation seem more serious than it actually is - and it usually works out ok with the pedestrian apologising). I do the same to cars - its happened me twice this week alone where a car pulled up at a red light then the passenger door opened to let someone out. In both cases I anticipated it, and in both cases I cycled up to within 2 inches of the open door. In both cases I was apologised to, and in both cases I said 'no worries, go ahead', making me seem nice, making them feel worse, but showing me up to be the cunt I am.

I wouldn't fret it. Hitting into them is probably a little OTT but once you made it seem like it was their fault then theres no worries at all.

yes, you do. I do the same thing to cyclists in the car lane all the time.

stop being an idiot.

Fair point Ann. If I was breaking a light and a pedestrian gave me a slap, I’d call the Gards.

I didn’t hit your man as much as I bumped him, much as you would if you tried to walk around someone and they stepped into your way. I made a mistake. It is not my job to teach anyone a lesson.

Cycling in Dublin can be very frustrating as the level of abuse (verbal, physical and vehicular) thrown at cyclists is quite jarring. This is precisely why I want to be the bigger man. So that I can be the good guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back