Jaysus cycling! (17 Viewers)

every one of these apart from the cards in spokes one makes perfect sense.

Fixed wheels are nicer to ride, smoother, easier to ride up hills.
Padded top (or other) tube gives lock abrasion protection.
mag wheels are usually stiffer wheels
weird shape bars are for comfort. Different bars are comfortable for different people, if you never use the lower half of your drops, you can cut them off.

People will put cards in my spokes when i leave the bike around the city, like adverts and things. Sometimes I'll not pull them off before I ride.

are they? No idea.

Your man was talking out his hole either way. Wired is a load of shite in fairness.
make is pretty good. I met those boys / girls at a conference once. They are all MIT Electrical Engineering types. With piercings and awkward hair.

are they? No idea.

Your man was talking out his hole either way. Wired is a load of shite in fairness.
make is pretty good. I met those boys / girls at a conference once. They are all MIT Electrical Engineering types. With piercings and awkward hair.

Just double checked and yes they are. So yeah yer man was talking shite but sure we knew that already.

gardai = assholes who put on the siren and try and push you outta the way with their bumpers as they are entering the kevin st carpark for their lunch break.

fffffffffuuuuuucccckkkkk offfff

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

is getting a budget touring bike and using it for a short commute to work and knocking about town, doing the shopping etc along with the occasional tour an extravagence?

basically I can now avail of the UK govt. cycle to work scheme and I have an eye on a budget touring bike (a few steps down from the one I really want but out of my price range)

I have been using the same super budget hybrid for about 4 years.. it's fine but I need a better bike for longer cycles.

stupid question...

anyway I put in the paperwork today... a few weeks to wait now... .|..|

And is it just me or do you hardly ever see somebody actually riding a fixie? The phenomenon has started to invade my home town of Barcelona in Spain, and I see more and more of the things every day. And they are all being pushed along the sidewalk.

This last bit I found to be true of barcelona, worst cyclists I have ever seen, all wobbly and cycling very precariously on pavements. Also guy in full lycra get up that seemed to be getting on a bike for the first time. However it wasn't specifically fixie people.

Anyway what's wrong with wanting your bike to look aesthetically pleasing? Shoes are meant for protecting your feet to get to A-B yet most of my shoes are very uncomfortable when used for walking from A-B. I'd say you can say the same for 90% of girls footwear. And a lot of paper-soled runners that guys wear too.

I heartily endorse people enjoying stylised bits of gear, why not.

I was out front giving my bike a bit of a scrub, but wearing nice clothes as I was heading into town after. A builder guy walks out of next door, so I close my front door to stop the hound running at him, which sets the dog barking like mad. Builder says " i hope he appreciates all the scrubbing you're doing." me: confused, thinking; why would the barking hound appreciate my clean bike. Realised he thought I was out in my dress and marigolds cleaning the fellas bike.
aargh, the thought of it. what will I do with my day? oh, I know! I clean my boyfriends bike all nice and shiny ready for him to appreciate when he comes home from work.

So i was doing a bit of building earlier. Saw this woman cleaning a mans bike. 'what a decent person to do that for their man friend' i thought. I said it to her in a hello kind of way and she slammed her door in my face! Some people are so rude!

Irony emoticon

I was out front giving my bike a bit of a scrub, but wearing nice clothes as I was heading into town after. A builder guy walks out of next door, so I close my front door to stop the hound running at him, which sets the dog barking like mad. Builder says " i hope he appreciates all the scrubbing you're doing." me: confused, thinking; why would the barking hound appreciate my clean bike. Realised he thought I was out in my dress and marigolds cleaning the fellas bike.
aargh, the thought of it. what will I do with my day? oh, I know! I clean my boyfriends bike all nice and shiny ready for him to appreciate when he comes home from work.

dude, if he ever cuts you loose, give me a shout.

.....kidding......

(sexist emoticon)

Yo, I gotta problem. How can I remove an aluminium seatpost from a carbon frame? I think it's a 20mm post. I reckon I'll be reduced to cutting it, so... what's the best way to go about this?

1. Never install a seatpost with a hammer.

fucking hell. Its a scary world out there.

Here, if you are thinking about trying to cam something in the boss / lug that the seatpost bolt goes in on a carbon frame, a flat head screwdriver of whatever... eemm, probably don't.

Carbon fibre tends not to bend. It tends to shatter.

I mean, it might work, or it might shatter horribly.

I would try the ammonia trick first.

Also, from my sorry days in the chemistry lab one thing I can clearly remember is watch ammonia. A whiff of that stuff can just smell really bad, or it can literally feel like someone shoving a fork as hard as they can up your nose. I;ve recoiled from ammonia so hard I've almost got whiplash from it.

Why does the post need to be removed? If the height is ok,it may not be worth the risk of fucking up the frame.
Don't do anything that will damage the post as once it's damaged the whole thing could be scrap.

you can get ammonia in Woodies or whatever.

Wait. Are you talking to me PL?

If you are, I'm saying dont try the twisting something in the seat lugs, trying to cam out the post, technique on a carbon frame, unless you like picking bits of carbon fibre out of your face.

Emm. The cuting method sounds really hard. I envision frame damage there. That would be a last resort.

Seriously though, watch ammonia. Keep your head well away from that. Do that out in the open on a breezy day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back