Jaysus cycling! (31 Viewers)

Hammered out 75k in three hours today. A few weeks ago, I was fucked after 15k...i don't know another sport where you can improve so quickly.

Hammered out 75k in three hours today. A few weeks ago, I was fucked after 15k...i don't know another sport where you can improve so quickly.

I don't know another sport where I can actually improve, full stop!

Don't you find that if you stop cycling for a week your muscles go to jelly as if you've stopped for 3 months? No? Just me then.

Don't you find that if you stop cycling for a week your muscles go to jelly as if you've stopped for 3 months? No? Just me then.

Yeah definitely. I remember as a kid being out on training cycles with older lads that were racing at a fairly serious level, and if they took even two weeks or three weeks off after the season was over, they'd be in bits on the first day back on the bike, dropping off the back of the group.

A rolling stone gathers no moss, innit.

I don't know another sport where I can actually improve, full stop!

only takes a day or 2 to get back into it though.

cycling rules. Getting from that 80km mark to 100km mark is a big leap. Its more in the head than anywhere else. Get there and you'll be flying. That had me stumped for quite a while. Now its no bother.

I can't wait to do my first 100km spin. Then on to a proper "century".

For putting miles in your legs, I think it's better to do 3 or 4 laps of say 10km before and/or after a longer spin, rather than take on a big trip that could end up being an ordeal.

Theres a scheme where i work where you can get bikes with a massive reduction.

I've decided to flog my old workhorse to a guy in work and replace her with this. Works out at 180 euro!

pioneermetro.jpg

wow i really felt a pain in my left arm. numbness or pins & needles during and after yesterdays cycle. i never felt it before and it was bad

i think maybe related to medication i'm currently on (serc 16 --> not a performance enhancing drug)

Yo if anybody is interested I'm selling my Terry Dolan, Carbon Fork, post and stays . It's got full Ultegra 9spd and Mavic Cosmos wheels. It would fit somebody 5'7 - 5'11 or so. Im moving abroad so thats the reason it's for sale.

Attachments

• bike 1.jpg
    bike 1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 55
I've had that a couple of times on the bike.
Just a foot or hand go completely numb. I dunno what the story is with it. I'd invent reasons, I'd clipped my shoes too tight, I was climbing in a weird position for 30 mins, all sorts of things.
I got it very bad once, and I didn't know what was going on in my hand, so when I was braking I had to look to make sure my hand was pushing the levers. Very gimpy so it was.
A bit like the time I drove a bike home with my clutch arm still under local anesthetic.
Look down,
clutch in,
gear change,
clutch out,
look up,
swerve violently to avoid cones.

I'd say as long as its not a common occurrence its probably not the end of the world.

The toes on my left foot keep going numb, but not on my right.

Lovely bike Brian! If it was a bigger frame I'd be making enquiries. Hope you get a decent price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back