Jan Transfer Window Thread (2 Viewers)

Rachel Riley, 22, graduated from Oriel College, Oxford with a Masters Degree in Mathematics.
She fought off stiff competition from more than 1,000 applicants to step into the shoes of Countdown legend Carol Vorderman.
For the Countdown auditions, Riley and other applicants had to conduct an interview and were tested on their maths skills.
She was then shortlisted alongside five others for a screen test in Leeds where candidates had to put up several letter selections and tackle various maths games at the numbers board.
Riley said: "This is the best graduate job in the world.
"There's only one cool maths job around and I was lucky enough to get it so I'm absolutely thrilled."

shes 22? :eek: i would have said 32!

ha ha!
it's like the sheikhs decided that it was too easy to buy the best players in the world so they decided to hanicap themselves during every game by buying Dida!

good work!

S£xy football!

The Arabs, they want to see goals, and it doesn't matter at what end.

Richard Dunne gets this, hence all the own goals this year.

Am I so idealistic to think that there's no way any footballer playing in the Champions League and challenging for their own domestic league would want to play for Man City regardless of the money???

I can see some has been, bench sitter ala Shevchenko or premier league journey man like Bridge heading there instead though.

Am I so idealistic to think that there's no way any footballer playing in the Champions League and challenging for their own domestic league would want to play for Man City regardless of the money???

I can see some has been, bench sitter ala Shevchenko or premier league journey man like Bridge heading there instead though.

If they get themselves into a reasonably strong position with mid-ranking players, then the big shots will come.
They won't get them right now, they'll have to consolidate and get themselves challenging for Europe. But that will happen quickly enough if they're clever.

Nobody owns Kaka

kaka-jesus-shirt.JPG

He's already there.

If they get themselves into a reasonably strong position with mid-ranking players, then the big shots will come.
They won't get them right now, they'll have to consolidate and get themselves challenging for Europe. But that will happen quickly enough if they're clever.

11 points behind Everton if they win their game in hand. Probably a bit of a stretch this season, unless they build significantly this month.

kakas not in the champs league, and milan are good bit down in the league i think,
wait and see who comes, but until then im not getting over excited

some big movement goin on in city this week and early next

oh and liverpool have had a bid for silva turned down by valencia, as they cant afford to loose anymore star players

kakas not in the champs league, and milan are good bit down in the league i think,
wait and see who comes, but until then im not getting over excited
milan are third, but probably out of the race. seeing as kaka is one of only 2 players ac have under the age of 124, they'd be daft to get rid of him. it's not as if they need the money.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7830199.stm

Close to signing kaka seemingly...

these quotes are great from kaka's representative thou!

Kaka's representative insists any move to Manchester City would be done for the right reasons and not just for the reported £500,000 a week wages.

here

"It was a great proposal but it's not about only money.
"We have to see if Manchester City have a project to become a Champions League team and become one of the top teams in the world, and to stay there long term."
"Kaka wouldn't do anything based on money," Kotscho earlier told Corriere dello Sport.

"He would never do something like Robinho, who, just to earn more, contented himself with a solution that was not a winning one."

Kaka isnt exactly moving to a winning solution at the moment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7830199.stm

Close to signing kaka seemingly...

these quotes are great from kaka's representative thou!

Kaka's representative insists any move to Manchester City would be done for the right reasons and not just for the reported £500,000 a week wages.

here

"It was a great proposal but it's not about only money.
"We have to see if Manchester City have a project to become a Champions League team and become one of the top teams in the world, and to stay there long term."
"Kaka wouldn't do anything based on money," Kotscho earlier told Corriere dello Sport.

"He would never do something like Robinho, who, just to earn more, contented himself with a solution that was not a winning one."

Kaka isnt exactly moving to a winning solution at the moment.

EDIT

Isn't that why they've been playing pensioners for the last few seasons?

I don't think that's the full story. It seems to be part of the ethos of the club, they value experience and they must make it a very nice environment to work in (aside from the obvious monetary rewards), because players tend to settle down there for years.
And, let's face it, they won the European Cup the season before last so they're doing something right. Everyone has a slump, and they're in a rebuilding phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back