Jan Transfer Window Thread (1 Viewer)

Shay is a great goalkeeper - no doubt about that, but 8 million for a 32 year old is a bit much, even if it is a goalkeeper.

maybe the high fee is because he was 4 years to go on his current contract?
Man city already have future england #1 Joe Hart, he wont like being pushed down the pecking order and neitehr will Shay if he is the one to lose out.

Shay is a great goalkeeper - no doubt about that, but 8 million for a 32 year old is a bit much, even if it is a goalkeeper.

maybe the high fee is because he was 4 years to go on his current contract?
Man city already have future england #1 Joe Hart, he wont like being pushed down the pecking order and neitehr will Shay if he is the one to lose out.

8 million would be because of the length of his contract, and as for joe he has said on the website a while back that he would welcome a seasoned goal kepper such as buffon or given so that he could learn off of them, i reckon that it would be a good move for all involved.

as for the mad money for bellamy and sant cruz, its nothing if they keep city in the premiership, bellamy scores where ever he goes, great golfer too :) , as for santa cruz im still not to sure on him, he had a great first season with rovers but has only managed 3 goals this season, but then again his supply has gone and rovers have been dissapointin all over the park.

its gonna be interesting to see who they can actually attract to C.O.M.S, the latest ive heard from mates in manchester is essien and joe cole, my mate reckons that cooke has suggested that the should cappitalise on chelski's finnancial difficulties. and seeing as how joe cole and scolari have fallen out that move could come off but i doubt it, and i dont think essien has played for scolari yet at all, id nearly forgotten he was still at chelski.

its still early in the window, i think city might make two signings by this time next week then none til the last two days of the window

just read on yahoo that city have bid a combined €97 million for buffon and trezeguet from juve, thats mad 75 million for buffon and 22 million for trez. smells like bull to me

how old is he now must be getting on in football terms now. whats up wit him that he's injured ?

He's only 26, and he suffered anterior cruciate ligament damage playing for Ghana, around the start of September I think?. If he gets a dozen games before the end of the season he'll be doing well, but Chelsea will be thankful if he does. Cracking player.

He's only 26, and he suffered anterior cruciate ligament damage playing for Ghana, around the start of September I think?. If he gets a dozen games before the end of the season he'll be doing well, but Chelsea will be thankful if he does. Cracking player.

jesus i thought he was older for some reason, aye yeah agree with you there he's a fantastic player when he's on form

Essien is one of the best "footballers" in the world. we can play center mid, has played center back and on the defensive flanks. not many players can just go out on a field and play football in any position, nearly everyone is stuck in one position all the time.

Essien is one of the best "footballers" in the world. we can play center mid, has played center back and on the defensive flanks. not many players can just go out on a field and play football in any position, nearly everyone is stuck in one position all the time.

I think he's the best midfielder in the premiership. He's an absolute fucking powerhouse when he's playing to the best of his abilities.

just read on yahoo that city have bid a combined €97 million for buffon and trezeguet from juve, thats mad 75 million for buffon and 22 million for trez. smells like bull to me

Aye, why would Buffon move to Citeh when he stood by Juve after they were relegated the season before last?
It don't make a lick of sense.
Anyway...Hughes has already said they're targeting established Prem players.

Aye, why would Buffon move to Citeh when he stood by Juve after they were relegated the season before last?
It don't make a lick of sense.
Anyway...Hughes has already said they're targeting established Prem players.

hense the last few words of my post. SMELLS LIKE BULL TO ME

he's absolutely piss as a centre back though. niall quinn saved a peno once: ergo better than pele?

essien is a terrific midfielder, but so-so in every other position.

New-Countdown-hosts-Rache-001.jpg

Rachel Riley, 22, graduated from Oriel College, Oxford with a Masters Degree in Mathematics.
She fought off stiff competition from more than 1,000 applicants to step into the shoes of Countdown legend Carol Vorderman.
For the Countdown auditions, Riley and other applicants had to conduct an interview and were tested on their maths skills.
She was then shortlisted alongside five others for a screen test in Leeds where candidates had to put up several letter selections and tackle various maths games at the numbers board.
Riley said: "This is the best graduate job in the world.
"There's only one cool maths job around and I was lucky enough to get it so I'm absolutely thrilled."

Rachel Riley, 22, graduated from Oriel College, Oxford with a Masters Degree in Mathematics.
She fought off stiff competition from more than 1,000 applicants to step into the shoes of Countdown legend Carol Vorderman.
For the Countdown auditions, Riley and other applicants had to conduct an interview and were tested on their maths skills.
She was then shortlisted alongside five others for a screen test in Leeds where candidates had to put up several letter selections and tackle various maths games at the numbers board.
Riley said: "This is the best graduate job in the world.
"There's only one cool maths job around and I was lucky enough to get it so I'm absolutely thrilled."

Do you think the other four that screen tested were fit blondes as well? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back