jaguar vs. jazzmaster (1 Viewer)

they both look sexy

I have a jazzmaster its savage..... it plays better than a jaguar in my opinion but a jaguar just edges it in the looks stakes but jazzmaster overall better

Jazzmaster pick-ups look better and no metal plate bit... thats why I like how it looks. Don't know how the other plays but the Jazzmaster is loverly.

jazzmaster is an awful guitar
got rid of my jap version for way too much
and bought a gibson explorer - a great guitar

jaguar = weak and jangly
jazzmaster = heavy and rubbish

look nice and all

i heard somewhere jaguar's sound better live, i've never played one live though. Have a jazzmaster i'm pretty happy with though

jazzmaster is an awful guitar
got rid of my jap version for way too much
and bought a gibson explorer - a great guitar

jaguar = weak and jangly
jazzmaster = heavy and rubbish

look nice and all

Hmmm, I'd say the Japanese part of your Jazz had something to do with it being shit. !ninjaaaa

I have a Jag but prefer the Jazz cos it's more versatile in my opinion and does 'beefy' way better, which I like. Still, you could mistake a Jazz for any rock guitar, but you'll always be able to spot a Jag straight away, so I guess it's unique in that way. The Mustang is better than both IMO.

I remember hearing that some of the Japanese re-issue Jazzmasters have regular single coil pickups with a case over them to make them look like P90's. Something to watch out for. Heard about that bridge thing too... You can get replacement bridges and other things that sorts that out. It's a problem that might never arise but if it does just google and you'll find a million and one solutions.

Hmmm, I'd say the Japanese part of your Jazz had something to do with it being shit. !ninjaaaa

I have a Jag but prefer the Jazz cos it's more versatile in my opinion and does 'beefy' way better, which I like. Still, you could mistake a Jazz for any rock guitar, but you'll always be able to spot a Jag straight away, so I guess it's unique in that way. The Mustang is better than both IMO.

yeah, don't doubt that had a lot to do with
it - always buy usa! the neck is far too long
for my girl fingers in anyways

just not a nice guitar to play. again probably
all down to the kind of crap i play

why the mustang?

i think its hard to compare these guitars as a mustang, jag and jazz are all very different sounding guitars. (well at least a US version of each are).

hag have you tried out the toronado at all?

gar... i'm selling my kramer, as you know :) because it's way too heavy and clunky. guitar is very much my 3rd instrument so i don't need to invest a lot in a new guitar. i've found myself playing sorca's strat all the time, it feels and plays really nice. i got advised to go for a jazzmaster but i'm not sure i need to... i want the feel/sound/softness/playability of a strat but don't want to fork out 2k for one. i'm hoping the mustang might give me what i'm after? it's affordable, looks amazing... maybe it plays amazing too... deffo need whatever guitar to have a good range, need it to sound beastly and as soft as a rose petal... will the mustang give me what i want?

gar... i'm selling my kramer, as you know :) because it's way too heavy and clunky. guitar is very much my 3rd instrument so i don't need to invest a lot in a new guitar. i've found myself playing sorca's strat all the time, it feels and plays really nice. i got advised to go for a jazzmaster but i'm not sure i need to... i want the feel/sound/softness/playability of a strat but don't want to fork out 2k for one. i'm hoping the mustang might give me what i'm after? it's affordable, looks amazing... maybe it plays amazing too... deffo need whatever guitar to have a good range, need it to sound beastly and as soft as a rose petal... will the mustang give me what i want?
i would say yes mustang is your bitch..its not so much beastly though. i guess thats up to who's hands its in. also dont forget that mustang necks are shorter scale.. which is great for some but not so great for johnny-big-hands.

also when you say 2k for a strat..its possible to get a nice strat for in and around the 1k mark...

tornado looks like a candy bar...
toronadosmall.jpg

its a much better guitar cranked..probably not gonna get rose petals out of a toronado..

actually come to think of it why havent you thought about a tele either?
http://www.thomann.de/ie/fender_69_thinline_tele.htm

methinks hag needs to get his slayer shirt on and spend a day in music maker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back