iTunes 8 (1 Viewer)

I don't understand how that would happen at all. Are you deleting stuff from your music folders or in itunes? If you delete it in itunes it deletes it from your music folders too. I have never had this problem ever.

oh yeah, see this is because i don't use itunes library. because of some preference, i drag stuff in from folders myself and it doesn't double up in the itunes library (because i didn't like how it would reorganise things that weren't labeled properly and make a different folder for each artists song off a mix cd and stuff like that)..
so thats why - i delete a folder/album to make some space, usually in a panic when i'm running on empty, and the details stay in itunes, but the mp3s aren't there anymore. i guess i'm just not using it all the way its designed to be used and thats why they don't have a solution for my problemz

Why the fuck is Shuffle so fucking crap?
I have about 200 artists in my library and if I stick Party Shuffle on it picks maybe 30 of those and just plays stuff by them over and over again!

From the internet.

According to Newsweek’s Steven Levy, who has written a book on the iPod and is one of the leading chroniclers of all things Apple, the shuffle feature works this way:

“When an iPod does a shuffle, it reorders the songs much the way a Vegas dealer shuffles a deck of cards, then plays them back in the new order. So if you keep listening for the week or so it takes to complete the list, you will hear everything, just once.”

But note that you need to listen to the entire library all the way through without stopping for the randomness of shuffle to make itself apparent.

As Levy points out, most people don’t do this, leading the “deck” to be reshuffled constantly, creating new paths through their libraries each time they listen on shuffle, thus causing some tracks or orders of tracks to repeat or group together.

I just installed iTunes as I'm getting Wilberts Ipod this week. I feel dirty now. Fuck it, the Touch isn't compatible with any other program. Least I won't be using it for anything other than transferring stuff over and it seems the major problems I had with it (messing up ID3 tags & adding files all over the place to folders) have been changed as you can do it manually.

seems ok to me. there are some things I don't like about it though.
i am having tones of problems with it and so are numerous users who have their music on an external drive or time machine.

eg: if i have it on shuffle, it can stall for nearly 20 seconds between songs. or if i scan through a song it just goes beachball for 10 seconds.

its painstakingly slow, but i understand a lot of these problems may be related to external drives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back