iTunes 8 (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Lovin' the grid view.
Anyone tried out the Genius feature? I haven't bothered.

What's your iTunes usage like?
How organised is your library? Duplicate songs? Cover art?

I Love the cover art and would find album covers for everything if I had time. I've even made up album covers for things that don't have them .

Genius thing is ok.

If you click a song you can get it to make a playlist of songs that it thinks are in a similar vein. You can kind of see the mechanics behind it at times.

I tried it with a song that had 'house' in the title and there were a few others in the genius list that had 'home' or 'hotel' in their titles.

You can also use it to see what other songs by an artist that you may not have and it can suggest songs that other users also liked by different artists.

Lovin' the grid view.
Anyone tried out the Genius feature? I haven't bothered.

What's your iTunes usage like?
How organised is your library? Duplicate songs? Cover art?

I Love the cover art and would find album covers for everything if I had time. I've even made up album covers for things that don't have them .

haven't got itunes 8 yet. might download it tonight.
I resisted itunes for ages. I think its great now though.
especially the way it keeps track of all the stats.
so you can make playlists of top 100 most played tracks, which haven;t been skipped more than twice - instant fancyg charts!

The only thing i don't like is that shuffle isn;t very random.
It uses the same seed each time or something. so if you click on a song, the 'random' sequence of songs it decides to play after that will always be the same if you start on that song.
that annoys me.

The genius thing seems pretty lackluster. I think I am going to turn it off. I do like that my screen saver is album covers... but that was an option before. Actually since them move, many of my covers have gone missing. Weird.

The genius thing seems pretty lackluster. I think I am going to turn it off. I do like that my screen saver is album covers... but that was an option before. Actually since them move, many of my covers have gone missing. Weird.

Apparently the genius thing gets better, the more people use it as it cross references people's tastes and can start making suggestions about what you might like.

The Get album artwork thing sucks.
Never works.

Turned off the genius thing roda lubbish

I have 4 libraries, should consolidate. lodsa duplicates. but I'm too lazy

The Get album artwork thing sucks.
Never works.

Turned off the genius thing roda lubbish

I have 4 libraries, should consolidate. lodsa duplicates. but I'm too lazy
id say one in every twenty albums it cant find the artwork for.
finds even old obscure italian horror soundtracks.

i think the genius thing is great. and will only get better.

i thought i told you to shut it ian.

can you 'get album artwork' for stuff that's already on your ipod yet?

cos if you can't it's still rubbish

can you 'get album artwork' for stuff that's already on your ipod yet?

cos if you can't it's still rubbish

Can't you get the artwork of stuff in your itunes then connect your ipod and let it sinc the new artwork? Never tired it, as I only have a shuffle these days but in theory it should work.

like the new visualizer alright but the option to not have those annoying linking arrows to itunes store on every song has disappeared. now i find myself accidently going to the itunes store all the time. and the genius thing....... meh

Did you notice the iPhoto events like feature when you Grid-View by Artist? Move your mouse over an album cover and watch the covers change.

To get rid of the genre column when browsing, open up the terminal and enter the following:-
defaults write com.apple.itunes show-genre-when-browsing -bool FALSE

They used to let you turn this off in the preferences - muppets...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back