iTunes 8 (1 Viewer)

Can't you get the artwork of stuff in your itunes then connect your ipod and let it sinc the new artwork? Never tired it, as I only have a shuffle these days but in theory it should work.

yeah but I've got thousands of stuff on my ipod that's not on my computer and i'm not going to the effort of sending it round in circles. You can just google the artwork and put it on stuff on the ipod but that's hassle

i don't like the fact that podcasts are no longer listed in the recently added view. is there a way to sort this out?

i've been ignoring this update because i hated the last one.
is there a way to delete all the songs that don't exist on your computer anymore? like when u click on it it comes up that it can't be located and would u like to locate it (everytime...) but of course i can't locate it because i deleted it last year.
i'd love to be able to just click something that would just clean all that stuff up, or at least have the !'s be consistant (they seem to disappear again after you quit, so when u reopen its another puzzle..)

is there anything that does that on this update??

It's amazing that Itunes can't do that. It's also amazing that you can't get rid of the Genre menu in the browser. So many things about this program are infuriating. Don't mind me, i'm just pissed off because my hard drive crashed and it cost 220 to replace, sans all my old data.:mad:

Is there a way of stopping the library skipping back to the top when you clear out a search? It didn't used to do that. Its really fucking annoying. I bet they thought they were dead smart when they did that. You know what? They aren't.

i've been ignoring this update because i hated the last one.
is there a way to delete all the songs that don't exist on your computer anymore? like when u click on it it comes up that it can't be located and would u like to locate it (everytime...) but of course i can't locate it because i deleted it last year.
i'd love to be able to just click something that would just clean all that stuff up, or at least have the !'s be consistant (they seem to disappear again after you quit, so when u reopen its another puzzle..)

is there anything that does that on this update??

I don't understand how that would happen at all. Are you deleting stuff from your music folders or in itunes? If you delete it in itunes it deletes it from your music folders too. I have never had this problem ever.

If your all having such massive problems why are you still using iTunes? Does it still take about half an hour to load on older PC's? That was the one thing that stopped me using it altogether (well after about a week of use)

I don't understand how that would happen at all. Are you deleting stuff from your music folders or in itunes? If you delete it in itunes it deletes it from your music folders too. I have never had this problem ever.

I had that problem once because my external HD that contains my music crashed. My back up was about 10 albums or so out of date but I kept using the old library so the 10 albums that weren't actually there were still in the library window.
If I had of deleted the library and started again from scratch this wouldn't have happened. Lazy man's problem.

So aside from there being an easy solution to this I'm happy with it as a music player.

I had that problem once because my external HD that contains my music crashed. My back up was about 10 albums or so out of date but I kept using the old library so the 10 albums that weren't actually there were still in the library window.
If I had of deleted the library and started again from scratch this wouldn't have happened. Lazy man's problem.

So aside from there being an easy solution to this I'm happy with it as a music player.
does the 'consolidate library' function not sort this out?

i've always been afraid to click that. mind you, i've never had the need

If your all having such massive problems why are you still using iTunes? Does it still take about half an hour to load on older PC's? That was the one thing that stopped me using it altogether (well after about a week of use)

it's easy to use and annoys people who complain about Apple products all day

i don't like the fact that podcasts are no longer listed in the recently added view. is there a way to sort this out?

yes there is. I just found it.
"Recently added" is just a smart playlist. Ctrl-click on it to edit it. Then just turn on podcasts. I wanted new stuff to stay in that playlist longer, now they do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back