iTunes 11 - And how it sucks (1 Viewer)

Since the last update it no longer recognises my iPod touch... nice one. Spent hours last night uninstalling, reinstalling, disabling and reenabling various processes and nothing. Windows sees the ipod, itunes resolutely ignoring it.

@xsteox uninstalling itunes doesn't erase the library, so fine to uninstall and reinstall (but maybe a good idea to back up your music etc anyway)

Right... so deleted iTunes, iPod helper, Bonjour, Apple Updater and Apple mobile device whatsit (everything apple that my pc contained) and then reinstalled iTunes and it found my iPod. Absolute pain in the bum resetting all my sync settings, but at least I was able to sync.

When this iPod reaches the end of its useful life I'll be going for something I can drag and drop files onto.

I liked iTunes up until a couple of years ago when I finally got sick of its bloat, not to mention disliking Apple and its brand-ego nonsense. I tried almost every other free media player (don't use any streaming things really) and in the end settled for Resonic; it's the opposite of iTunes and most of those other ones in that it's extremely basic, quick to start and doesn't install anything else along with it ie Bonjour for Apple. Granted, I mostly like it because I do a lot of field recordings and stuff and it's so much easier to use in that context than a standard media player. Also, I have an iPod and Windows 7 and use Sharepod to do all my syncing, you don't need iTunes to do all that stuff if you don't want it.

I liked itunes until it removed the ability to scroll by artist with the album grid. Pricks.

But since I'm yet to find a service that doesn't come with it's own bollocksy idiosyncrasies that I'll have to get used to I'm gonna stick with it.

I tunes has gone balls up here. Was playing just fine last sat, then that dreaded update to v. whatever appeared. clicked on it, then update failed. Now, keep on getting "missing" file something or other, please reinstall. Just did that, still failing to find that file and asking to reinstall. Should I just delete the bloody thing, and go again from scratch????

It just gets worse. Tried to delete everything, in order to reinstall. Can remove everything bar "mobile system device" which I can neither delete nor repair, without some sort of failing. Anyone any idea's?

I have used Spotify, Gmusic, Deezer and Rdio. I have settled on Deezer as my favourite but there's not much between them.

They're all missing vast swathes of music that I listen to though so still mainly listen to music from my actual collection.

They're all missing vast swathes of music that I listen to though so still mainly listen to music from my actual collection.

Yeah, it's like Netflix. It's fine if you want to watch just a handful of films you would like to watch but ultimately falls far short of what I want from a cloud-based service.

It just gets worse. Tried to delete everything, in order to reinstall. Can remove everything bar "mobile system device" which I can neither delete nor repair, without some sort of failing. Anyone any idea's?

Try using Revo Uninstaller to get rid of it; it does a bit more of a "deep clean" when uninstalling programs.

I used CCleaner's uninstall features to remove the components, after having similar issues.

I used CCleaner's uninstall features to remove the components, after having similar issues.

Yeah Ccleaner's great for the uninstalling, much faster than the standard method. Glary Utilities is also good.
Revo has various levels of uninstall you can do that removes everything associated with the program, so it takes much longer usually but worth it if yr low on disk space or want to completely exorcise something like iTunes.

Anthony said:
I recently had another go at spotify. It's a nightmare.

What don't you like about Spotify? I've completely ditched iTunes, it's been Spotify for me the last 4 years.

One major disadvantage of Spotify is that they haven't introduced collections yet so you have to make playlists of band's albums. They announced a collection feature well over a year ago but it's yet to appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back