Is this me life now? (1 Viewer)

hag said:
thomas, i know your intentions are good but leave jimmy alone. i'm 29, i only really got my priorities right in the past year. some people never get them right but seeking 'professional help' isn't always productive. it's naive to thinks it's the answer to everyone's problems. ok honey? ;)

Hag, I appreciate your friendly challenge and I respectfully disagree, to some extent anyway, for two reasons. One, being that Jimmy is one of the people in Dublin that I care very much about and he knows that and that's why he's been open to my feedback, knowledge, challenges and concern. I trust he can tell me when the pressure is too hot. Though I do appreciate you in making sure I'm not bullying him here. That is very honorable.
However, and my second reason for disagreeing with you (to some extent) is that having worked as a mental health professional for YEARS, I think its important that opportunities for assisted healing are put on the table. I could install a new kitchen sink if I had to, but could you imagine the damage I'd do to the walls, the floor, the stove next to the sink and the pipes? Probably hurt myself in the process too. Yeah, I'd have a sink that *might* work, but I trust my quality of life would be better served if I called someone who knew what the fuck they were doing. The men in my neighborhood who thought they could figure out their own problems are at this very moment smoking in front of Gaffney's pub or Paddy Bookmakers wondering what the hell didn't they get right.

My friends are worth a dose of reality, as I hope my friends think I am too should I ask for help with a problem.

There actually are somethings a cup of nice Irish tea or a pint don't fix. Not being snippy, just pointy.

Cheers! :)

hag said:
it'll just hit you one day, out of the blue. and you'll be giddy like a fool.
I agree.

After I break everything down into constituents, carefully label and cross-reference each micro-problem, and write a thesis on each.

stunning said:
Ever find that when a thread kind of sunsets, that you end up missing it?
no, but i can imagine kicking you in the bum next time we meet and finding it hella funny :)

snakybus said:
this was a great thread

all the threads these days are fluff

Michael Knight, what was the upshot? In the new Pride and Prejudice movie, D'Arcy reminds me of you.
Why, cos he's dashing, or cos he's a prick?

snakybus said:
this was a great thread

all the threads these days are fluff

Michael Knight, what was the upshot? In the new Pride and Prejudice movie, D'Arcy reminds me of you.
Oh - and - work in progress, is the answer

Age is a crock of shite. People who get depressed because they are 30 or 40 or whatever annoy me. Age is just a bullshit notion constructed by humans the same as working 9 to 5, 5 days a week with a 2 day weekend etc In my opinion the key is to focus on the things your talented at and the hobbies etc that really interest you. That way you'll make yourself and the people around you happier and you will eventually achieve some of your goals and ambitions. I'm gonna be 30 next January and it doesn't bother me one bit. I still feel 20. I'm still gonna be a buckfast swigging, mushroom eating metalhead playing filthy doom because thats what I want to do. I've played in bands since I was 17 and for years it was my dream to get a record deal. But nothing ever came of it. Disillusioned with the whole thing I started a band a year and a half ago and our main goal was to not give a fuck about what people thought of our music or about getting anywhere in the music industry. We just played for the sheer buzz of it. We've since got savage reviews, have been offered loads of cool gigs here and abroad and have even been offered several deals. It seems the less we try the more that comes to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back