Is this me life now? (2 Viewers)

Just want to say that I really appreciate Jimmy's honesty and openess about whatever it his that he's going through and to say thanks for sharing his difficult process with us.

I think a few people here may benefit directly from this thread.

Gong Farmer said:
It's not a bad idea figuring out what your problems are.

But surely stuff that you would identify as a problem now is very much
determined by your current situation?

Your problems change just as your ambitions change.

It's pretty normal to be feeling what you're feeling at the moment. Most men in their mid-to-late 20's (especially in Ireland) realise that they're getting older and all those hopes and dreams they had aren't that feasible.
Doesn't mean that none of them will happen.

Play The Game of Life. It's a board-game - with profound effects on it's players. Like Jumanji - but with Jeremy Paxman, not Robin Williams.

120_2057.JPG

It's no Monopoly.

stunning said:
Don't be an ass.

You said you've been dealing with some of these issues for as long as you can remember. So you've been living with them as a part of who you are...so they're like a part of you like identity, music and breathing...yeah? Try teaching yourself not to be you, not to feel music, not to breathe.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll do great with that.

I'll get those numbers for you now.
I haven't! I think I've been chasing the wrong solutions all this time ysee, and they haven't worked out. So I need to go back to the drawing board

stunning said:
Just want to say that I really appreciate Jimmy's honesty and openess about whatever it his that he's going through and to say thanks for sharing his difficult process with us.

I think a few people here may benefit directly from this thread.
Eh? I've actually been quite guarded and vague as to the specifics. People might benefit alright, but twill probably be from other people's advice, rather than my ramblings. I appreciate the offer of thanks, but I don't deserve it in this case.

Jimmy Magee said:
Eh? I've actually been quite guarded and vague as to the specifics. People might benefit alright, but twill probably be from other people's advice, rather than my ramblings. I appreciate the offer of thanks, but I don't deserve it in this case.

Yeah, it was just thanks for creating the opportunity for this discussion. I don't need to tell you about Ireland's rates of mental health problems...and the lack of treatment sought and interventions provided. That's old news. Its conversations like one on this thread that can actually change a person's willingness to ask for help in their struggle for an increased sense of emotional well-being. It might not be you...but perhaps someone here? Perhaps, me.

stunning said:
Yeah, it was just thanks for creating the opportunity for this discussion. I don't need to tell you about Ireland's rates of mental health problems...and the lack of treatment sought and interventions provided. That's old news. Its conversations like one on this thread that can actually change a person's willingness to ask for help in their struggle for an increased sense of emotional well-being. It might not be you...but perhaps someone here? Perhaps, me.
What are you trying to imply about my mental health? <Shakes fist>

Jimmy Magee said:
I haven't! I think I've been chasing the wrong solutions all this time ysee, and they haven't worked out. So I need to go back to the drawing board

You're not qualified to make a bowl of chicken soup!

What makes you think you can come up with a plan or a solution that will work for you? You're track record is shit. How many more years are you going to spend trying to figure out the right solution? You've already said that even if you'd had success you would have felt it bogus and that you'd also hope that you'd be able to hide your discomfort behind that success. Sounds like more than Tony Quinn's New You or Richard Simmon's Deal-A-Meal that you need.

I could be wrong, totally wrong...but I doubt it.

However you want to get through (or out of) this, I'll support you. You deserve to be happy and despite my know-it-all ramblings, you have to choose what path is going to work for you.

stunning said:
You've already said that even if you'd had success you would have felt it bogus and that you'd also hope that you'd be able to hide your discomfort behind that success.
No no, I'm only thinking this now...and it might not even be entirely true neither...

i am going to be 30 this year and my only regret (a major one) is i still live in redneck land because i'm to lazy to get a proper job i.e. 'long term dole' is crucial.but this is how i wanted it i thought i would have to endure long years of low paid meaningless labour as i did when i was a teen, just to survive. i'm very happy now i only do small shit i want to do. remember:TOO MANY SLAVES IN THIS WORLD DIE BY TORTURE AND PAIN,TOO MANY PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW-THEY'RE KILLING THEMSELVES GOING INSANE.... BONDAGE IS OVER THE HUMAN RACE,THEY BELIEVE SLAVES ALWAYS LOSE AND THIS FEAR KEEPS THEM DOWN, WATCH THE DAMNED THEY'RE GOING TO BREAK THEIR CHAINS, THEY 'RE COMING TO GET YOU AND THEN YOU'LL GET YOUR BALLS TO THE WALL...

no regrets as such, only amazing memories of great times, people, places over the years...the fact that i'm going to have many many more of these makes me so happy, i could be a complete failure (maybe i am) but i don't care

in the words of love:
"...I think people are the greatest buzz...

nokia said:
no regrets as such, only amazing memories of great times, people, places over the years...the fact that i'm going to have many many more of these makes me so happy, i could be a complete failure (maybe i am) but i don't care

in the words of love:
"...I think people are the greatest buzz...

stoner.

Jimmy Magee said:
I don't see how tryin to figure out me problems in an organised way precludes the mystical
emmmm... i dunno. i found answers to my problems. i doubt they'd be the answers to your problems. there ain't no general "this is how to get better" for what you got. in all likelihood, it'll just hit you one day, out of the blue. and you'll be giddy like a fool.

thomas, i know your intentions are good but leave jimmy alone. i'm 29, i only really got my priorities right in the past year. some people never get them right but seeking 'professional help' isn't always productive. it's naive to thinks it's the answer to everyone's problems. ok honey? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back