Is this me life now? (2 Viewers)

Disappointed this thread was moved out of the General Forum and relegated to the Lifestyle forum. What a way to kill a thread! Sorry Pete, I'm just irritated. I know you gotta manage things here...

I'd like to make a motion that all those stupid Bored At Work threads be given the same treatment.

Bored at work is certainly a Lifestyle thread subject. No?

thread started good. sucks balls now. jimmy, it's hard to see what it is you're missing. all's i'll say is that you'll know all about it when it does. sorry if that's not much help. you're smart, the girls love you... what's your problem? ;)

kevin gallen said:
Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own buddy list. :(

I am alone
I am alone
No one calls I have no friends I am alone
Is there someone who could be
Someone special just for me
No one calls
I have no friends
I am alone

That would sound great with a kickin' dance beat behind it.

If anyone cares (I know there's lots of luv floating around these here parts really)...

I'm such a moody git. I wish to apologise to all and sundry for inflicting my whining on them. It might look like I'm just not accepting my life as is and being overly attached to some fantasty version of my life, but it's not quite that simple (if it was, then I would deserve multiple flays of some whip or other). I think I do have genuine problems to work out, but the trouble is that I'm just too confused about them all and how they relate to each other and it just turns into a big circular mush. So (and I'd recommend this to anyone else who finds themselves in a similar situation, or at least I would, if it wasn't so bloody obvious to begin with) I've started to enumerate my woes and try to systematically, in print, work out what's related to what, what can be solved and what can't, and, in the former case, a plan of action devise, and in the latter, just accept it. I'm made absolutely no progress so far, but I think I will after a while, and the whole process gives me something to aim at anyway. I feel a zillion times better already! Huzzah!

Expect a post detailing in excrutiating detail my subsequent crash some time around 3pm

tmcm050131.gif

Jimmy Magee said:
If anyone cares (I know there's lots of luv floating around these here parts really)...

I'm such a moody git. I wish to apologise to all and sundry for inflicting my whining on them. It might look like I'm just not accepting my life as is and being overly attached to some fantasty version of my life, but it's not quite that simple (if it was, then I would deserve multiple flays of some whip or other). I think I do have genuine problems to work out, but the trouble is that I'm just too confused about them all and how they relate to each other and it just turns into a big circular mush. So (and I'd recommend this to anyone else who finds themselves in a similar situation, or at least I would, if it wasn't so bloody obvious to begin with) I've started to enumerate my woes and try to systematically, in print, work out what's related to what, what can be solved and what can't, and, in the former case, a plan of action devise, and in the latter, just accept it. I'm made absolutely no progress so far, but I think I will after a while, and the whole process gives me something to aim at anyway. I feel a zillion times better already! Huzzah!

Expect a post detailing in excrutiating detail my subsequent crash some time around 3pm
you doing it all wrong. you tackle this the same way you tackle music, you'll end up disillusioned. just my opinion man.

hag said:
you doing it all wrong. you tackle this the same way you tackle music, you'll end up disillusioned. just my opinion man.
Explain how...surely tis a good idea to figure out what's actually bothering me?

egg_ said:
Richie
I don't know if enumerating your woes in January shortly after splitting up with a girl is such a good idea. Let me know how you get on anyway
Point taken...but the worries have been there a good while, neither of the above are *really* related...they might colour things a bit, admittedly, but they're not core or nothin...

Jimmy Magee said:
Explain how...surely tis a good idea to figure out what's actually bothering me?
you are neglecting everything mystical. it took me a while to figure this out. maths is a human construct. too much to go in to on the web. when's your next gig and i'll heckle the answers to you...

It's not a bad idea figuring out what your problems are.

But surely stuff that you would identify as a problem now is very much
determined by your current situation?

Your problems change just as your ambitions change.

It's pretty normal to be feeling what you're feeling at the moment. Most men in their mid-to-late 20's (especially in Ireland) realise that they're getting older and all those hopes and dreams they had aren't that feasible.
Doesn't mean that none of them will happen.

Play The Game of Life. It's a board-game - with profound effects on it's players. Like Jumanji - but with Jeremy Paxman, not Robin Williams.

Gong Farmer said:
But surely stuff that you would identify as a problem now is very much determined by your current situation?
Hmm...I think at least some of the problems have always been there to some extent, I just figured that once I'd be successful at whatever they'd go away, and so I was able to be not too bothered by them...but I think the success thing might have been bogus anyway, even if it did happen
Gong Farmer said:
Play The Game of Life. It's a board-game - with profound effects on it's players. Like Jumanji - but with Jeremy Paxman, not Robin Williams.
Somewhat ironically this was by far my favourite game when I was a nipper...if I know psychoanalgytics like I think I do, playing it so much when I was young must have deadened my appetite for it later

Jimmy,

May I be blunt? Good, thank you.

Go to the phone book, find a therapist's phone number or three, phone therapists and schedule initial interviews, meet the therapists and select which of the three therapists you think can help you get to the place in your head that you want to get to.

For fucks sake, how long you gonna sit with a broken arm before you call in someone who knows how to fucking fix broken arms.

Dude, I've NEVER met anyone who has worked out by themselves the shit your trying to work out...not that I know what you're trying to work out, but you're making a list of issues and scratching them off once you've got them sorted. Dude, trust me. I'm a professional. I'm happy to get some phone numbers for you if you need help getting started.

stunning said:
Jimmy,

May I be blunt? Good, thank you.

Go to the phone book, find a therapist's phone number or three, phone therapists and schedule initial interviews, meet the therapists and select which of the three therapists you think can help you get to the place in your head that you want to get to.

For fucks sake, how long you gonna sit with a broken arm before you call in someone who knows how to fucking fix broken arms.

Dude, I've NEVER met anyone who has worked out by themselves the shit your trying to work out...not that I know what you're trying to work out, but you're making a list of issues and scratching them off once you've got them sorted. Dude, trust me. I'm a professional. I'm happy to get some phone numbers for you if you need help getting started.
This is certainly an option.

However, as things stand, I think tis an untanglable mix of my attitude and circumstances, nothing too special, just a bit of a confusion. I think I should be able to make sense of it. If not, well *then* maybe I can call in The Professionals....(wasn't that a TV show? cue theme tune)

snakybus said:
eh? I merely meant that you like getting in touch with the younger folk and passing on the wisdom of your years...

:rolleyes: Lies. ;)

I'm just sensitive to the fact that Ciaran is only 16 and you know what I do for a living. Its quite a balancing act for me combined with societal prejudices against the colourful amongst us, unfounded though they may be. I don't think its cool to pull him into this type of discourse...especially as I do think he's a really cool kid and only want to support his pursuit of good music.

Thanks for letting me be a snippy queen.

!baggyyyy

Jimmy Magee said:
I think tis an untanglable mix of my attitude and circumstances, nothing too special, just a bit of a confusion. I think I should be able to make sense of it. If not, well *then* maybe...

Don't be an ass.

You said you've been dealing with some of these issues for as long as you can remember. So you've been living with them as a part of who you are...so they're like a part of you like identity, music and breathing...yeah? Try teaching yourself not to be you, not to feel music, not to breathe.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll do great with that.

I'll get those numbers for you now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back