Is this me life now? (3 Viewers)

I wouldn't worry about it too much. For one thing, you can't do anything about getting older and for another thing you have no, and I mean NO idea what's around the corner. My life changed hugely in my late 20's and I would never ever have expected it to. So just stay cheery and try to be optimistic that life has many more ups (as well as downs) to deal out to you.

Jimmy Magee said:
Mid-to-late-twenties folk and those older again an so on...

Have youse had the glorious experience of realising, as you hit this age, that no you're not going to realise this or that ambition, and your life is pretty much going to stay as it is now? And found this quite the distressing thought? If so, I'm curious as to survival stories/stratagems and the like...the last year or so this has been really hitting home, and I don't really know how I can change things for the better...

Despite maybe feeling like you didn't achieve the goals you set for yourself in your teens and 20s, by the time you're near 30, you know yourself well enough that you can push yourself a little bit at a time, and start feeling a sense of accomplishment. Instead of, "By the time I'm 25, I want to have changed the world," and then feeling like a failure when you don't, you start to do things that directly affect people around you and, in the long run, are much better for everyone. Unless you're a prick, in which case, none of this applies and you just become more of a wanker.

Jimmy Magee said:
Mid-to-late-twenties folk and those older again an so on...

Have youse had the glorious experience of realising, as you hit this age, that no you're not going to realise this or that ambition, and your life is pretty much going to stay as it is now? And found this quite the distressing thought? If so, I'm curious as to survival stories/stratagems and the like...the last year or so this has been really hitting home, and I don't really know how I can change things for the better...

Do you mean how do you cope with not being a famous pop star/footballer/fireman? That was never going to be the answer anyway bro.

aoifed said:
Now if I just lay this sheet of thin ice juuuuussst here that should do it.

Haaaaaaag? C'mere, i've got something for ya......... make sure you step over that line on the way will ye?

:)
guh? i've been nothing but nice and you know it. i even offered to talk about football. if you knew how i feel about football, you'd realise that that was a gigantic sacrafice. the period of hag's goodwill expired yesterday. it's up to mr. brains from here.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Do you mean how do you cope with not being a famous pop star/footballer/fireman? That was never going to be the answer anyway bro.

'Zactly.

I used to know someone who freaked out like no one else I knew about turning 30. He kept saying, "When I was a kid, I had this picture of what my life would be like when I was 30, and it's nothing like that! I'm a failure!" Kinda made me wonder if I should actually have expected to be a princess/astronaut/movie star after all, but he didn't have a sense of humour, so he didn't react well when I said that. Or when I said, "How about smaller goals, like, when you're 30, you aim to get a sense of humour?"

Prick.

hag said:
guh? i've been nothing but nice and you know it. i even offered to talk about football. if you knew how i feel about football, you'd realise that that was a gigantic sacrafice. the period of hag's goodwill expired yesterday. it's up to mr. brains from here.

Ah hag I was onny buzzin. Chill. See Jimmy McGee, when you're 35, like hag, you'll be all serious.

aoifed said:
Ah hag I was onny buzzin. Chill. See Jimmy McGee, when you're 35, like hag, you'll be all serious.
yeah, i'm totally freaked out and serious. jimmy already knows that ;) and my correct age is 69.

Jimmy Magee said:
Have youse had the glorious experience of realising, as you hit this age, that no you're not going to realise this or that ambition, and your life is pretty much going to stay as it is now? And found this quite the distressing thought? If so, I'm curious as to survival stories/stratagems and the like...

Yes, no, sort of (but it passes). You just find new things, and the old things stop being quite so important. Simple.

the last year or so this has been really hitting home, and I don't really know how I can change things for the better...

You just get used to it. It'll be the same in another 5 years, and the next, and the next...

jane said:
The thing that upsets me most about getting older is that Jesus isn't into me anymore. Look at him with those young honeys -- I don't have a fucking chance:

DE_3988.jpg

Is that a statue of Micahel Jackson at the Brit awards?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha, this is going to be TOO funny. are you ready? i was inspired by the "Stay out of Yoof" thread.

jimmy, are you ready? the trick is to go out with someone (are you ready?) younger than you so you don't *feel* so old.

can i get a hi-5?

;)

hag said:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha, this is going to be TOO funny. are you ready? i was inspired by the "Stay out of Yoof" thread.

jimmy, are you ready? the trick is to go out with someone (are you ready?) younger than you so you don't *feel* so old.

can i get a hi-5?

;)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! get off the stage!

Your life will still keep changing just cause you are over 20, you might have kids, you might get married, you might get divorced and remarried. Someone you love might get very sick, they might die, you might get very sick, you might die. You might find religion you might be in a car crash, you might win the lottery, you probably won't. Shit keeps happening.

hag said:

can i get a hi-5?

;)
I guess I should have anticipated this happening really...but then it had to happen sometime I guess...anyway, this is prolly as good a time as any to make the official thumped announcement that as of last week Jimmy Magee and Super Dexta are no longer an item...this is however quite unrelated to my woes, apart from me having to think more about them a bit I guess...(I hope this is what you're referrin to and I'm not totally misinterpreting...I'd worry you might be mildly embarressed, except of course that you're Hag)

I dunno, maybe there should be a section that indicates who's linked to who and so on so that people are kept up-to-date or sumthin?

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Yeah, I guess so, but then I have no idea what is...I dunno, I just guess a lot of knot-untying is required in MaBrain...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back