Is this me life now? (2 Viewers)

Jimmy Magee

Website
www.myspace.com
Mid-to-late-twenties folk and those older again an so on...

Have youse had the glorious experience of realising, as you hit this age, that no you're not going to realise this or that ambition, and your life is pretty much going to stay as it is now? And found this quite the distressing thought? If so, I'm curious as to survival stories/stratagems and the like...the last year or so this has been really hitting home, and I don't really know how I can change things for the better...

I like being older. Your ambitions change as you get older, just deal with it and move on. And laugh at the kids.

Though I have found myself actually enjoying Top Gear of a Sunday evening recently, which has made me want to blow my brains out.

Jimmy Magee said:
Mid-to-late-twenties folk and those older again an so on...

Have youse had the glorious experience of realising, as you hit this age, that no you're not going to realise this or that ambition, and your life is pretty much going to stay as it is now? And found this quite the distressing thought? If so, I'm curious as to survival stories/stratagems and the like...the last year or so this has been really hitting home, and I don't really know how I can change things for the better...

I'm having more fun in my thirties than I ever did in my twenties....

For one, stop worrying about how old you think you should have been when you achieved certain things. Worse, if you think about how old other people were when they did what you want to do, you'll end up with fucking diverticulitis, or something equally awful that involves painful shitting.

I get a little pang of 'oh, shit, I'm nearly 30!' every once in a while, but it passes. Besides, I might be in debt up to my ears, be nursing a PhD I should have finished last year, and have no bloody skills to speak of, but at least my shit is way more together than it was ten years ago.

I went through this much worse when I was younger: I cried for days when I turned 18 because I realised I'd missed my chance to be a child prodigy. Sad, but true. Went through it again when I was 21. I'm still not sure I'm over it, but at least I see the funny side now.

Stan Bowles said:
I like being older. Your ambitions change as you get older, just deal with it and move on. And laugh at the kids.

Though I have found myself actually enjoying Top Gear of a Sunday evening recently, which has made me want to blow my brains out.
is a lad is a lad.

hag said:
is a lad is a lad.

The thing that upsets me most about getting older is that Jesus isn't into me anymore. Look at him with those young honeys -- I don't have a fucking chance:

DE_3988.jpg

ratmonkey said:
If you're worried about getting old, just hope the senility kicks in before the incontinence.

Yeah, I was talking to Hag the other day, who was all, "I'm really, really happy, and that means I'm doing well", which is all dandy for a guy wearing a pair of ladies' panties on his face. I'm all, "How's your health?" and, after answering in a series of duck-quacks, he said -- in English, "Great. I do a poopy from my bumbum every morning at 8, without fail."

I was impressed. "That's great, Hag!" I clapped my hands a little.

But he frowned, mewing like a kitty cat, and then said, half-cooing like an owl, "I get up at nine."

PS: Hi, Hag! XO

My life got so much better when I turned 30. My 20's were great, but spent most of it either being wasted or getting sober both of which take a bit of time out of your days.

At 30, a wave of respect hits you in the face as people actually start taking you seriously to the point that when you say things like "I'm composing a symphony and I plan to perform it live with a 16 piece orchestra next summer in St. Stephen's Green park," they believe you. To the point that they ask how they can help make it happen and if they can come along for the ride.

Great things await you, you talented bastard. Make a plan. Its fun to be a pinball letting life throw you around like a leaf on a windy day, but make some decisions about what you want to do with your life and do it.

Love,

Thomas the Tank Engine

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

stunning said:
My life got so much better when I turned 30. My 20's were great, but spent most of it either being wasted or getting sober both of which take a bit of time out of your days.

At 30, a wave of respect hits you in the face as people actually start taking you seriously to the point that when you say things like "I'm composing a symphony and I plan to perform it live with a 16 piece orchestra next summer in St. Stephen's Green park," they believe you. To the point that they ask how they can help make it happen and if they can come along for the ride.

Great things await you, you talented bastard. Make a plan. Its fun to be a pinball letting life throw you around like a leaf on a windy day, but make some decisions about what you want to do with your life and do it.

Love,

Thomas the Tank Engine

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

Yeah, what he said. I finally feel like people are kinda starting to take me a bit more seriously, and if getting a few lines on my face is the price, then, well, I guess I don't mind.

Anyway, make a plan, but don't give yourself age-related deadlines or you will find a way to be disappointed in yourself when you have no reason to be.

jane said:
Yeah, I was talking to Hag the other day, who was all, "I'm really, really happy, and that means I'm doing well", which is all dandy for a guy wearing a pair of ladies' panties on his face. I'm all, "How's your health?" and, after answering in a series of duck-quacks, he said -- in English, "Great. I do a poopy from my bumbum every morning at 8, without fail."

I was impressed. "That's great, Hag!" I clapped my hands a little.

But he frowned, mewing like a kitty cat, and then said, half-cooing like an owl, "I get up at nine."

PS: Hi, Hag! XO
jane, them conversations.... his private :p
yeah, plans is good. what's blowing my mind right now is a planned train ride from beijing to hong kong. hopefully i will see donkey kong and king kong (possibly evern megalon!!!) en route. ding dong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back