Is there a doctor in the house? (2 Viewers)

From what i know, its all about pacing. Do what seems like too little when beginning and avoid the urge to 'push it to the max' and so on.

After a few weeks of a relatively easy running plan there was zero white spots and mortality questioning and real progress.

I'm the first person to ever say this but...Less is More?

Yep,if you are going to start getting fit build gradually otherwise you will get injured...Im also in the process of this.

inspector horse said:
dont attempt aqua fit though brian, you werent designed for activities involving water

True,the old women where defo feeling me though.
good luck with the next two weeks my friend.

Speaking of anxiety I had a big fuck off panic attack at school today. Oh my god, aside from being confused and scared I had a fucking myriad of idiot teachers who wouldn't let me escape without going through proper procedures. I sat outside the vice principals office crying while he fumbled around in the staffroom for a pen. jesus christ almighty. DIE DIE DIE

trianglegrrrl said:
yes. but also major pills come down. has anyone got any advice on how to calm down?
Diaphragmatic Breathing Exercise

To become aware of your breathing, place one hand on your upper chest and one on your stomach. Take a breath and let your stomach swell forwards as you breathe in, and fall back gently as you breathe out. Try to get a steady rhythm going, take the same depth of breath each time. Your hand on your chest should have little or no movement. Try and take the same depth of breath each time you breath in. When you feel comfortable with this technique, try to slow your breathing rate down by putting a short pause after you have breathed out and before you breathe in again. Initially, it may feel as though you are not getting enough air in, but with regular practice this slower rate will soon start to feel comfortable.

It is often helpful to develop a cycle where you count to three when you breath in, pause, and then count to three when you breath out (or 2, or 4 - whatever is comfortable for you). This will also help you focus on your breathing without any other thoughts coming into your mind. If you are aware of other thoughts entering your mind, just let them go and bring your attention back to counting and breathing. If you practice this technique for ten minutes twice a day, and any other time you are aware of your breathing, you will begin to strengthen the Diaphragmatic Muscle and it will start to work normally - leaving you with a nice relaxed feeling.

Anytime in which you are experiencing anxiety, try and remember to breath in the manner describe above, and your anxiety level will decrease. Remember, you cannot be anxious and relaxed at the same time.

also it helps to just tell yourself to relax when you do the breathing

trianglegrrrl said:
yes. but also major pills come down. has anyone got any advice on how to calm down?

Quit taking pills, seriously. Jesus.

Squack said:
I went to aqua aerobics for the 2nd time on Friday. Am the laziest unfit sod in the world.
I have been having a racing heartbeat ever since and am ridiculously aware of my heart beat.
Has anyone else experienced this?
HELP:confused:

How's your diet? I find shit like this will happen if I don't eat well for a few days. I'm not sure how strenuous aquafit is (not very I assume), but at the same time, start out easy. Also, ask your instructor/trainer about it. They tend to be pretty knowledgable about this sort of thing.

pills are gay.

i'm over that shit.

so is brianoak - we talked about this before ages ago.

stop taking them you silly girl! *slap*

panic attacks are due mainly to stress (obviously) and imbalances in personal chemistry (not so well known). avoid all stimulants, even caffeine. too much coffee or even tea can make panic attacks much more likely to occur, never mind fall-out from amphetamine and hallucinogen use.

to be honest, the cause - as far as i can tell - seems to be pretty much the pills, the regular use of which (or just high dosages of which) will cause these things to happen. they are really really rough on your body, but mainly your mind. you batter down the walls of sanity if you take them with regularity (the amount of shit in pills here is unbelievable, its a cocktail of cheap and often very rough drugs, in many cases with no MDMA in them whatsoever. sorry, but they're muck. pure MDMA carries relatively fewer risks much far less unwanted effects, but is very rare.) the panic attacks are only going to get worse if you continue using these drugs. knock them on the head for a good while, eat well, avoid caffeine.

as for dealing with panic attacks as they happen, the breathing method mentioned by schmegeggin above is about the best thing that will work for you. basically, fill up the stomach when you breathe in (normally we breathe using only the top portion of our lungs, this works fine, but in moments of panic this can lead to hyperventilation and make things alot worse) slowly, hold the breath for a couple of seconds, exhale slowly, more slowly than the inhalation. do this for a few times and then return to a more normal breathing pattern. this really does work. also, remember that as bad as a panic attack is when you are in the middle of it, they do not last, it will go away, they are not going kill you, you arent going mad.

hope it all works out well for you soon.

Squack,

It's a very simple feedback loop:
Feeling your unfit heart racing causes anxiety.
Anxiety releases adrenalin into the blood which makes your heart beat faster or stops it slowing down which causes further anxiety.........
This is where the breathing comes in as described above.

I had severe palpatations on a manky pill years ago. It like felt my rib cage was bursting and thought I might die.
I never noticed my heartbeat before and became paranoid for a while.
It sounds like you've become hyper-aware of your heartbeat which isn't as regular as you might think.

Thanks Brian Conniffe and Deserted Village-
A friend told me that the pills had been loaded with caffeine and very little mdma. I never have caffeine so you can imagine how nasty that was.
I felt anxiety ("what class am i in???" "where do i go??" "what if my heart stops??") and paranoia ("did they see my leg shake??? they must think i'm on drugs!") come over me as I came into school but I stopped and did diaphragmatic breathing. It really works. We do those excersises in public speaking.
This has definetly made me reconsider taking pills.

trianglegrrrl said:
Thanks Brian Conniffe and Deserted Village-
A friend told me that the pills had been loaded with caffeine and very little mdma. I never have caffeine so you can imagine how nasty that was.
I felt anxiety ("what class am i in???" "where do i go??" "what if my heart stops??") and paranoia ("did they see my leg shake??? they must think i'm on drugs!") come over me as I came into school but I stopped and did diaphragmatic breathing. It really works. We do those excersises in public speaking.
This has definetly made me reconsider taking pills.

caffeine is a common enough adulterant in pills, but crude amphetamines are to be found even more regularly, and they are many times rougher on your body (and mind with regard to regular or excessive use) than caffeine. the thing is, unless you are chemically testing them, what you take pills it is a lottery what you are going to get: mdma is far less likely than a crude mix of speed, ketamine, and a variety of other cheaper and nastier compounds.

one thing is, ecstacy as a drug loses its magic (the euphoria and empathy) very very quickly with repeated use. its the nature of its effect on your own chemistry. the problem with e is, when you get your first good experience of the stuff, its absolutely incredible. a blissful peak of human experience, and as with anything pleasurable, the desire is to repeat it. so, you can find yourself doing it fairly regularly, and thats where the problems start.

it can become a social crutch: for example, it becomes difficult and unsatisfying to go out at the weekend and socialize - in a party situation for example - without having pills. ecstacy can sort of "spoil" one in that regard. for the first few uses, what could be called the "honeymoon" period, you dont really feel the nasty comedowns and after-effects... very very quickly it gets to the point where you arent getting the desired effects anymore, the empathy and euphoria become replaced with mental confusion and weird sensations, and unwanted side- and after- effects become notable. things like comedowns which last for two days, mood swings, depression and panic attacks should be serious wake up calls. i know people who have continued to use them with regularity after that point, and it can get really fucking messy. it certainly doesnt get any better. when i say give it a break for a while, i mean at least a year.

repeated use of pills has an odd effect on peoples personalities, it can make some users indivdualities disappear. often you may realize that the friends you had during a time of intense pill use, you discover to have no other real connection with. its sad, but it does happen.

basically, my advice - for whatever little its worth - is to be good to yourself, eat well (particularly vitamin and omega 3 rich foods and suppliments... vitamin b complexes can be helpful for stress, and magnesium is good for muscle tension), make space for totally relaxing activities etc. if the panic attacks persist, you can always consult a doctor, however they are very likely to hand out sedatives like xanax or valium, which while they can be very helpful in the short term they do have problems with regard to dependance.

hope this can be of some help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back