Is there a doctor in the house? (3 Viewers)

I'm not as good with words as Mr Conniffe, but that advice is spot on. Especially this bit:
Brian Conniffe said:
repeated use of pills has an odd effect on peoples personalities, it can make some users indivdualities disappear. often you may realize that the friends you had during a time of intense pill use, you discover to have no other real connection with. its sad, but it does happen.
Also, I never met anybody who liked taking pills. When I was your age (god that makes me cringe), I spent every friday night in the local with two lads who always always always said "oh I'm never taking pills again man! seriously!!!" Then I'd meet them on saturday in town, wearing slayer t-shirts, watching a cover band, pilled off there heads. Such is the way with pills in small towns.

Another thing about pills in small towns is that, it won't take long before you find yourself hanging out with some nasty people. In a leafy Dublin suburb, you can do pills with your mates for years, and never get into any trouble. But down the country, there's less people, so its harder to avoid the unsavoury types.

So....these mates would be telling me how they spent saturday night coming down in a strangers gaff with a bunch of street thugs, murderers and heroin addicts. Then they'd say "jesus man, I'm never doin pills again":rolleyes: Also, there was a few normal lads who got in a lot of trouble when they were coerced into sneaking pills into the nightclub (cuz the known dealers would get searched) and they got caught. Maybe its because E is illegal, but it does TEND to lead ordinary people into the hands of some fucked up bad people.

There ya are. I hate to sound preachy, but I really wanted to say that.

seanc said:
Also, I never met anybody who liked taking pills. When I was your age (god that makes me cringe), I spent every friday night in the local with two lads who always always always said "oh I'm never taking pills again man! seriously!!!" Then I'd meet them on saturday in town, wearing slayer t-shirts, watching a cover band, pilled off there heads. Such is the way with pills in small towns.

well, most people love their initial ecstacy experience, and users in their "pill honeymoon" adore taking the things, but as i said it doesnt last... it really does take a serious wake up call to stop using them after a prolonged bout of them, you are right about the "never taking pills again" thing, generally spoken during an almighty comedown, but the next weekend back on them again. i think thats more to do with the social nature of the things, again, as i said, it can become difficult to envisage going out at the weekend without them. plus, peoples resolve to be abstainious generally disappears when the comedown has gone, and with alcohol.

Why the fuck would you take pills really? Its too much of a gamble. You never know whats in them and theres something like a 1 in a 100 chances of it killing you. Not worth it. Get drunk instead or get stoned.

Michelle why are you willing to take pills which you havent really got much of an idea what is in them but are weary of using birth control?

Ciaran Mackle said:
1 in a 100 chances of it killing you.

If that was true most of Thumped would be dead in fairness.
Why do people take e? Why does anybody do anything dude? You might find yourself on them some night y'know

seanc said:
If that was true most of Thumped would be dead in fairness.
Why do people take e? Why does anybody do anything dude? You might find yourself on them some night y'know

Fair enough I like going out and enjoying myself but I dont really wanna take something that has the chance of killing me like that. Plus I dont trust those involved in making and selling drugs. Its all about making a profit. They dont give two fucks about selling dodgy gear.

Ciaran Mackle said:
Why the fuck would you take pills really? Its too much of a gamble. You never know whats in them and theres something like a 1 in a 100 chances of it killing you. Not worth it. Get drunk instead or get stoned.

Michelle why are you willing to take pills which you havent really got much of an idea what is in them but are weary of using birth control?
I took pills because I was in a place where they were plentiful and I had an amazing night on them a few months ago. (I think the "honeymoon" term was spot on). I did have a good time again but the hangover just isn't worth it.
I'd much prefer to do e than get stoned. Getting stoned is a load of bollocks. It's not a feeling I like.
Also see this chart.
I wouldn't compare recreation drugs to contraceptive drugs. They're both totally different. Pills are a once off, I wouldn't do them for months at a time. The contraceptive pill is something you take everyday and I would put a lot more thought into that as a result.

Ciaran Mackle said:
Fair enough I like going out and enjoying myself but I dont really wanna take something that has the chance of killing me like that. Plus I dont trust those involved in making and selling drugs. Its all about making a profit. They dont give two fucks about selling dodgy gear.
You know more people die from alchohol related accidents and binges than from pills? You've got double standards, pills are bad drug businesses but hash is ok?

Ciaran Mackle said:
Why the fuck would you take pills really?

they're a really good laugh

where did you get the 1 in 100 figure? by that reckoning i should have attended a shit load of funerals by now

Doesn't the "honeymoon period" apply to pretty much everything? Doobie certainly doesn't give me the giggles like it did once, these days when I'm stoned my brain just goes off on these long rambly mathematical tangents which is kind of annoying

trianglegrrrl said:
You know more people die from alchohol related accidents and binges than from pills? You've got double standards, pills are bad drug businesses but hash is ok?

More people drink than take pills so obviously more deaths. I'd feel a bit safer taking hash than pills. But saying that I only smoke rarely. Like maybe once every few months so its not a big deal. We done this drugs awareness thing in school today were they said police seized a lot of E's from the biggest drug area in Northern Ireland (about a mile from my house :)) and the 4 things most of them were made of were the actual ecstacy, rat posion, dog worming tablets and talcam powder.

Andy I got that 1 in a 100 figure from school

well, the chances of dying from taking a pill are far far more unlikely than one in 100, to be honest (not that i am saying use of ecstacy pills is safe, far from it, but that figure is a crock of shit). "dog worming tablets" sounds really bad, but all it means is piprazine, which is a legally available stimulant, which does get rid of worms in animals. piprazines are what comprise the legally available "pep-pills", so thats a bit of a half truth ("dog worming tablets" sounding so much worse than "legally available stimulants", just as "horse tranquilizer" for ketamine sounds much worse than "anaesthetic used in pediatric and geriatric surgical proceedures").

one thing i have noticed among "recreational" drug-users (aside from how much complete ill-educated bollocks is spoken about drugs - just like anti-drug campainers but from a different angle, hah) is an odd kind of puritanism, which may certainly be described as double-standards. pillheads and cocaine users who think taking ketamine is somehow "wrong" because it is "a horse tranquilizer", or that people who take crack or heroin are "stupid" or "scum". or recreational drug users who think psychiatric medication is "wrong". its not that much different from those who seek to keep cannabis and psychedelic mushrooms illegal while smoking their fat cigars and drinking their wine.

the reasons for taking drugs, of any kind, in the first place are basic to being a human being: a need to explore new experiences and territories, a need to escape from bordom (to relax), a need for significance. the matter of personable responsibility does NOT mean that if someone gets fucked up badly on drugs of any sort, that they deserve to be looked on as "stupid", "criminals", in anyway not deserving of help and support.

oh yeah, and watch out kids if you have any family history of psychotic illness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back