Is it very rude to keep the window on a bus open to the annoyance of fellow passengers if closing it will be to my annoyance? (1 Viewer)

Another vitally important question.

Is it very rude to keep the window on a bus open to the annoyance of fellow passengers if closing it will be to my annoyance?

I think you need to be conversant in game theory and fluid dynamics to get the best out of Dublin Bus windows. Opening a window beside you is of little or no personal benefit once the bus is moving, since the inbound air is forced up, diagonally backwards across the bus ceiling, and down onto the people seated behind you on the other side of the bus. What's needed here is a tacit agreement between people seated on opposing sides of the bus to open or close windows as appropriate for maximum mutual benefit.

in other words, fuck them.

If the window was fully open i would have closed it a little bit the space they can by opened by is probarbly a foot long or more.
The other people will have been happy to be acknowledged.
I hate a stuffy bus myself.

I think you need to be conversant in game theory and fluid dynamics to get the best out of Dublin Bus windows. Opening a window beside you is of little or no personal benefit once the bus is moving, since the inbound air is forced up, diagonally backwards across the bus ceiling, and down onto the people seated behind you on the other side of the bus. What's needed here is a tacit agreement between people seated on opposing sides of the bus to open or close windows as appropriate for maximum mutual benefit.

Yes! I've long thought similarly except I pictured the air moving down the bus and back up the other side rather than straight across. So, opening the window in front of oneself will have the desired effect while not bothering the person beside the window. Those further behind/on the opposite side can suck it up.

Opening windows opposite each other really gets things going, with air rushing everywhere it can be like being inside a hand-dryer. Or at least what I imagine that to be like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back