Is it too early for a Best Album Of 2012 thread? (1 Viewer)

Google describes that as

Not clicking through.

Who the fuck finds teens erotic? Apart from other teens obv.

icky people on the internet

apparently you can go there and say, I like such and such a person. Any pics? And that will be the thread. Then all these pervs will gather and pool their pics of said person.

See, the similarities with thumped are.... erm... not sure how to finish that sentence

I really into stuff with loads of reverb this year

Melody'sechochamber600G301012.jpg

Never heard of most of them and out of the ones I've heard, the Goat album is the only one I'd part money for. Seriously don't get the whole Grimes thing.

I like the record. Same with Alt-J

Don't know why people insist on saying they're the best things ever. They're enjoyable records amongst a bunch of other enjoyable records.

NED033-Aluk-Todolo-occult-Rock-500x500.jpg

Aluk Todolo - Occult Rock

Photoon2012-09-01at1525.jpg

Wreck & Reference - No Youth

tumblr_md8v55hvlV1r1dw8qo1_400.jpg

Chromatics - Kill For Love

TURMANFLUX-350x350.jpg

Robert Turman - Flux

smallcover.jpg

Merchandise - Children of Desire

vatican_shadow_ornamented_walls_1349360752_crop_550x550.jpg

Vatican Shadow - Ornamented Walls

dilloway.jpg

Aaron Dilloway - Modern Jester

Thanks people of this thread. Got my nice red Goat vinyl a fortnight ago. Ees good!
Now to investigate the Scott Walker LP...

I was a little disappointed with the new Iris DeMent album (Sing The Delta) when I first got it but the quality of some of the songs is starting to shine through the slightly bland session muso arrangements so it's going on top of my list. She sings beautifully on it. It's always a good sign for me when an album is slow to reveal its charms and plays hard to get. I form a stronger attachment to it. One song on it is about when she was young her little brother had an accident and she prayed that he'd be ok but he died and so she gave up on god then, the prick. It was quite harrowing when I saw her play it live a couple of years ago but on the album she's managed to make it sound like the camptown races on the record.

Also on my list
Fushitsusha - (the second one they released this year, not the first one)
Gate - Damned Revolutions

runners up:
Human Teenager - Animal Husbandry. Listening to this a good bit lately, weird, bouncy pop
Smegma - Ever and Anon. A nice mix of skronky free rock and weird dreamy bits (more of the latter thankfully)
The Tenses - Conform (smegma offshoot, more of the same really but skewed towards the more freeform sound world end of things)

These are mostly third quarter of the year albums, I can't really remember what came out earlier in the year or if I got any of them

I only just got Tramp by Sharon Van Etten. Liking it.

Too soon to say if it's an album of the year, just throwing it out there in case some of you like it.

That's one record I find isn't as good as I initially thought it was. It's still great but there are more than a few soppy/dud moments caught between the genuine tuneage.

just got this in post today. really good album
1912707032-1.jpg

Death And Vanilla, self titled

brilliant. heres what boomkat said about it. I agree

**White vinyl 2nd edition limited to 300 copies. Includes download code redeemable from the label** In case you missed out on the instantly sold-out 1st edition, or have a thing for Stereolab or Broadcast, Hands In The Dark have repressed Death and Vanilla's gorgeous debut album. Hailing from Malmö, Sweden, the duo of Marleen Nilsson and Anders Hansson started recording their ideas in an unheated attic overlooking Malmö's largest and oldest graveyard in fall 2007. Taking inspiration from smooth '60s/'70s psych-pop, library electronics and classic French and Italian film soundtracks, their frame of reference is as righteous as the music they make, and authentically so, using samples, vibraphonette, moog and lots of spring reverb to create haunting, cinematic pop songs. Their eponymous debut features 9 darkly sublime creations already tipped by many and getting much airplay round our way. Highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back