Is it too early for a Best Album Of 2012 thread? (2 Viewers)

**White vinyl 2nd edition limited to 300 copies. Includes download code redeemable from the label** In case you missed out on the instantly sold-out 1st edition, or have a thing for Stereolab or Broadcast, Hands In The Dark have repressed Death and Vanilla's gorgeous debut album. Hailing from Malmö, Sweden, the duo of Marleen Nilsson and Anders Hansson started recording their ideas in an unheated attic overlooking Malmö's largest and oldest graveyard in fall 2007
. Taking inspiration from smooth '60s/'70s psych-pop, library electronics and classic French and Italian film soundtracks, their frame of reference is as righteous as the music they make, and authentically so, using samples, vibraphonette, moog and lots of spring reverb to create haunting, cinematic pop songs. Their eponymous debut features 9 darkly sublime creations already tipped by many and getting much airplay round our way. Highly recommended.

I really need to hire one of these people to write PR for me. THERE is ONE sentence about the music there. the rest is the most seductive waffle i've ever read. i read it twice. i was nearly clicking links and copy and pasting just because of reading it.

i'm pretty sure there sure should be a "-" in repressed though.

I only just got Tramp by Sharon Van Etten. Liking it.

Too soon to say if it's an album of the year, just throwing it out there in case some of you like it.

Got it a few months ago on the recommendation of a friend. And because we were going to see her in Whelans. It's really good. Haven't listened to it in a few months. Must take it out again. She was deadly on Jools Holland that time. Serpents is a great tune.

Also got myself that Goat record based on the recommendations here and it's deadly

mine is sakanaction (action fish)'s 'documentaLy'.

51Wv2EBFHiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

its the only thing i heard this year that sorta made me go 'holy fuck'. i also just realized its form 2011. Its straight up pop, the synths/guitar/bass on it are savage good. very eclectic sounding stuff. somewhere between annoying trance music and indie rock with every reference to japan possible per second.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

my horn of the year goes to lauren wk, most of her internets is completely work unsafe.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5zimvgBXV1qbpx5ko1_500.jpg

My top 10 LONG-PLAYING RECORDS OF 2012

1 Dexys - One Day I'm Going To Soar

2 Paul Weller - Sonik Kicks
3 Grimes - Visions
4 Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
5 Belbury Poly - The Belbury Tales
6 Scott Walker - Bisch Bosch
7 Saint Etienne - Words And Music
8 Mumblin' Deaf Ro - Dictionary Crimes
9 Wedding Present - Valentina
10 Pet Shop Boys - Elysium

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back