Is Google Making Us Stupid? (1 Viewer)

I wonder was it the actual terget that was the problem or just the fact that it was a tiny url link.

The IT swat team are on the way.

tinyurl would probably be classified as proxy avoidance. which is stupid since it doesn't actually do any proxying.

Thats an interesting one. There was a time when you would grab anything remotely relevant to your area of research. Now you just go direct to what you want. So, as a result, you do less wide-reading. Reading outside your field often provides new ideas.

ive never really done much research but i have used a lot of these academic databases though work. you can go straight to up-to-date relevant stuff very quickly and easily if you want to or are short on time but you can spend hours getting side tracked by other stuff too. a lot of them do only go back a certain amount of time so you might not get much in the way of older material but the advantages of online research tools do appear to greatly outweigh the disadvantages i would think.

IMHO it all started when they started printing Bibles that weren't in Latin.

Like I always said, you give those proletariat cunts an inch and, well... it's been downhill ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back