Is Chris de Burgh our Serge Gainsbourg? (1 Viewer)

it certainly is. I can countenance all forms of christy-burke talk but sully not these boards with mentions of that barry egan filled load of shite.

inspired by this thread i actually took out my two chris de burgh records there (inherited from older siblings) incase i might listen to one but i've put them away again without even removing them from the sleeves. that said - Spanish Train isnt a terrible album - the title track, Lonely Sky, This Song For You, Patricia The Stripper, A Spaceman Came Travelling and The Tower are pleasant enough. Crusader was an ambitious effort that didnt quite succeed. I read/heard somewhere recently that for his next album he's going back to the storyteller style of his early albums, no doubt it'll be shite.

Hi Everybody.
Thanks for taking the time to listen to my music.
I'm late for a plane to Germany (where I have legions of fans) but I just want to say this.

I wouldn't mind playing chess with Jane Birkin if you know what I mean.
I may even write a song about it. And to all of you young fellows who begrudge me, I DARE you to spend this Christmas without tuning into my my christmas hit about a spaceman or something.

It's one of those things you just can't resist.
I'll tune in later to see where this discussion is going.

Bye for now!!!!!

Chris.

HEARD A STORY ABOUT HIM GETTIN' BLOWJOBS FROM HIS BABYSITTER WHILE REHEARSING IN A NOW DEFUNCT DUBLIN RECORDING STUDIO. HEARD IT DIRECTLY FROM THE GUY WHO SAW IT. HE WORKED THERE THE POOR BASTARD.. CHANGED MAN EVER SINCE.

SERGE DE BURGH

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back