is anyones parents into the same music as them? (1 Viewer)

rampz

just wonderin cos i just passed some owl wan playing what sounded like sepultura or slayer on her car stereo.

i used to hang out with this guy years ago and when we went to gigs, he often brought his dad, even his ma sometimes.

my dad only likes whatever costs less than 3 quid in golden discs bargain bin.

ramps said:
That's gas. Does he only buy cheap beer too (like my dad)?

We share some music tastes though

aldi and lidl are the best thing that ever happened to him.

boigaz said:
That's gas. Does he only buy cheap beer too (like my dad)?

my auld lad isn't into the same shit as me, but i fucking love the shite he sings to himself. "dee dee doo, da dee dee do do la allalaaa laaa do, laaa da ded did edededdd" etc

ramps said:
just wonderin cos i just passed some owl wan playing what sounded like sepultura or slayer on her car stereo.

i used to hang out with this guy years ago and when we went to gigs, he often brought his dad, even his ma sometimes.

my da has pretty cool taste in music.. he likes Bowie and Queen and stuff like that.. i gave him some Palace stuff a while back and he loved that.
i'd love to bring my da to a gig though.. he's deadly!
my ma loves 70's and 80's pop stuff, i brought her to see Gilbert O'Sullivan last november and that was deadly

my granda likes Nirvana.. he used to tape stuff for me whenever it was on the tv and we'd watch it together. he would have been in his seventies at this stage!

I try and buy my mom cds that I like so I dont haev to listen to fricken garth brooks or some other bulshit.

got her

0000208077_170.jpg

128705.jpg

and burned her a copy of

5027529007025.jpg

it makes travelling in her car a lot nicer

ramps said:
"hey girls, check this out, look how good i am at the auld press ups"

heh heh! good times, good times.

you should have been more insistant on coming to the party of the guy who was a friend of a friend of mine.

my mum mostly likes some fairly rough things, but of late shes been loving sufjan stevens, bonny prince billy and antony and johnsons.

and she came to see rocket from the crypt a couple of years ago and loved them

my dad was into neil young for a while off the back of this country album he did "old ways". then his mate took him to see ny and crazy horse in the rds and his opinion changed somewhat. he has this copy of wish you were here by pink floyd at home that he never listens to. it just sits there on a shelf. actually, i dont blame him.

george mcfly said:
my da has pretty cool taste in music.. he likes Bowie and Queen and stuff like that.. i gave him some Palace stuff a while back and he loved that.
i'd love to bring my da to a gig though.. he's deadly!
my ma loves 70's and 80's pop stuff, i brought her to see Gilbert O'Sullivan last november and that was deadly

my granda likes Nirvana.. he used to tape stuff for me whenever it was on the tv and we'd watch it together. he would have been in his seventies at this stage!

im actually off the yips nearly a month. thats pretty good going innit? cant take me booze anymore though.

FancyGoods said:
heh heh! good times, good times.

you should have been more insistant on coming to the party of the guy who was a friend of a friend of mine.

bob dylan was a fucking religion in my house when i was younger. still is. and every sunday after dinner the family would go into the sitting room and watch kate bush videos. we did it for years.

my aged-P's are a great barometer for gauging music by. i'll tape something for them and leave as a soundtrack to their weekend moto-ventures. if i don't get it back it's usually solid gold. they've taken some ear bending over the decades. Ozzie's da once said that if you can't whistle it whilst your waiting on your bus in the rain the tunes a baggoshite.

my dads 71 anyway, he missed out on all the key years in indie rock due to his advancing years and subsequent lack of interest. i played him fade out by loop in the car once when i was 15 and he didnt like it.

ramps said:
im actually off the yips nearly a month. thats pretty good going innit?

That is good indeed. I have terminated my brief affair with them too - just can't take the 3 day 'hangovers' they induce.

avernus said:
my mom met REM a bunch of times. also she likes Jeff Buckley.

my da met Gary Numan on Killiney Beach a few months ago..
and they had a chat about swimming

he also met Joe Elliot and said he was a twat
and the guy from the Leppard with something wrong with his face, he said he was alright

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back