Is a golden Age upon us? (1 Viewer)

GODSPEED YOU BLACK EMPERORS new album is out this/next week!!

This thread stinks by the way,
theres plenty excellent music around - my bank balance can barely keep up with it!
Not to mention trying to pick up the gems of yesteryear on top of it all...

here's the rub: who give a fuck.

one person likes this, another that. oh my god. how can you quantify taste. i'm more cutting edge than the so solid crew and rage agaisnt the machine put together, and my favourite band is duran duran. who cares. you don't have to listen to all this student poncey shite to be interesting. surely you interweb gits can see that? comparing lists? golden age? music? what? what? what's indie? what the fuck is it? you spas. you big bag of spas. you lepers. you're all cool. rather, you're not. you should start reading the face again. and don't pretend you don't go home and listen to louder than bombs. that modest mouse cd might as well be a coaster.

Originally posted by Hector Grey
here's the rub: who give a fuck.

one person likes this, another that. oh my god. how can you quantify taste. i'm more cutting edge than the so solid crew and rage agaisnt the machine put together, and my favourite band is duran duran. who cares. you don't have to listen to all this student poncey shite to be interesting.........

You know alot of what you said is true. Completely. But without opinions and talking about musical tastes this site would be a big pointless empty hole. Really, what would it be like.

Person A: "You were soo drunk last night."

Person B: "I know, those bottles of Ouzo fucked me up."

Person A: "Yeah but so did I when you were asleep. I fucked you real good."

Person B: "Thats not my recollection at all."

Person C: "I remember you falling off a wall Mr.A."

Person A :"That was after seeing what you were wearing. You dress like a Homo."

Person B: "This is the best thread ever! Its great that the world knows we drank last night and did fairly normal things".

blah, blah, blah, ..........etc.

Jaysus!! Private Messages!

Discussions are good, interesting sometimes at least. Bollox/matey matey talking might be funny the odd time, but usually its boring for people who may not know anyone here.

I'm tired now....gonna sleep under my desk

Originally posted by happy

it's funny how all the tower staff are in shit dublin bands, innit?

don't you mean how all the shit tower staff are in dublin bands?
you should....ya poof.

wasn't that a handbag you were carrying around, all dainty like?
what was that about? :p

happy = prick

Isn't the Bees only good song a very very faithful rendition of A Minha Meninha by Os Mutantes?

Currently liking the Ms John Soda LP.
There appears to be a golden age in Weilheim.
Notwist, Lali Puna, Ms John Soda, Console, Tied & Tickled action etc...

Hector. Do you either not like music or not tell anyone when you do?
The whole point of this place is the stupid arguments.
It's what keeps a bbs going.
I'd've thought you'd've got that by now ;)
Nobody gives a fuck. They just don't have anything better to do.

jesus 'ronan', i thought we were friends ... :(

where wouldja get that idea?
prick.

i just mistook ya for Ian from c4o, what with yr stupid face and stupid way of talking.
stupid.

and you just thought i was some sexy italian geezer.

look, it was never meant to be.

now, just fuck off.
prick-faced prick.

friends. pftttt....

you sound like hag. what a prick...

Originally posted by ronan
where wouldja get that idea?
prick.

i just mistook ya for Ian from c4o, what with yr stupid face and stupid way of talking.
stupid.

and you just thought i was some sexy italian geezer.

look, it was never meant to be.

now, just fuck off.
prick-faced prick.

friends. pftttt....

Originally posted by old
Hector. Do you either not like music or not tell anyone when you do?

All Hector likes is stroking his moist and crumpled photo of John Hen-Leslie and then falling over.

so just leave him to it.

hey ro, i bet you just couldn't get a hard-on last night, no matter how hard you tried, eh? am i right or what?

well, they were your lips that my limp dick was feebly resting on, so i suggest that your just trying to publicly embarrass me by bringing this up.

look, i know we're both frustrated, but we'll sort it out tonight, hon.
my temperature is up, i think i'm ovulating....
hurry home

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
[

Seriously Speedy, can I record ya? I'll use a room mic to pick up the background 'ambience' .

In time GrRRrr. We'll have a thumped recording session. Where everybody writes a song about thumped personalities. And invite everyone to argue in the background for ambience while one person sings their song on a piano or guitar. Fair? Shucks I'd get a real kick outta doin that. Seriously.:)

Originally posted by Speed Racer
And Pantone you're so right. I love the controversy so much, yeah I do, I rub it all over my chest and roll around on the floor drooling when I get a bit of controversy.!ironyyy

At least I'm talking about music. Whats the whole point of this website if not to talk about music?

No you are not talking about music, talking about music would be telling people about an album you liked or a great band you went to see or some problems your own band (if there is a band) have encountered and discuss these things....and lordy look.. thats happening all the over the shop here!

What you do is go "Is post pop nu-metal influenced rock as relevant as trip hop based anit-folk jazzcore?" or "Are we entering a new era of post barbershop neo-pyscadelia meltdown, discuss?"

and yes I KNOW they are not direct quotes, but what your doing is not discussing anything, just using big flowery language to show you can... I mean none of these threads you start, that end with "discuss?", come to anything its crazy!!

I mean if you want to talk about music, talk about music, don't put up flowery Select stylee headlines ("Is nu wave folk trahs the new harcdore skiffle-hop Jazz?") and expect everyone to start gushing

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back