Is a golden Age upon us? (4 Viewers)

Originally posted by Pantone247
I know... I know...you try and teach the kids, raise them well, let them know the difference between right and wrong...

then they go wanking on about a "golden age"

if anyone of yis listened to a Dire Straits album you'd break down in tears, tears I tells you, at the beuaty of it all... no is going to scale them dizzy heights again... certainly not the friggin Datsuns!!

Hey I don't love The Datsuns man... Dire Straits has some great songs alright though. And is a great guitarist. But fuckin hell, that stuff is well outta date. He didn't age very well did he? Not like Ry Cooder for instance who is still fuckin amazing, he just did a movie soundtrack (can't remember the name) but it's fuckin great.

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Hey I don't love The Datsuns man... Dire Straits has some great songs alright though. And is a great guitarist. But fuckin hell, that stuff is well outta date. He didn't age very well did he? Not like Ry Cooder for instance who is still fuckin amazing, he just did a movie soundtrack (can't remember the name) but it's fuckin great.

he did many.

mayhap you think of southern comfort.

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Explain? Tell me something good indie has done in the last five years. Come on. Don't just name call and leave without any explanation. I never said all of those bands are genius or anything. But at least some of it is interesting. The Coral are young now, but from what I saw on TV (3 songs) they've got potential. And I explained that I thought The Datsuns were dumb Rock. But its still better than Coldplay.

good indie records of the last 5 years... or records that at the very least bettered what you mentioed as "the golden age"

1. The Pastels - anything by them, check ground breaking re-mix album
2. Jim O'Rourke - Eureka
3. Cornelious - Fantasma
4. Stereolab - Anything, but check Emperor Tomato Ketchup, or Sound Dust
5. International Airport - Nothing we can control
6. The Strokes - hype hype, blah blah, its good NY indie record
7. J Mascis and the Fog
8. Future Pilot AKA
9. Belle + Seb - Boy with the Arab Strap
10. Sea and Cake - or any off shoot thereof...

there has been wealth of interesting stuff going, and by jesus it all knocks the crap out of Nickle Creek (which is the most twee fey crap ever!!).. nad thats not to mention they really crazy stuff, everything I listed there is accessable easy pop tunes

the list you put forward is basically the answer to the question Who will be the next Cast?

2. Jim O'Rourke - Eureka
3. Cornelious - Fantasma
7. J Mascis and the Fog
8. Future Pilot AKA

[/B]

jaysus, i hate most of that list too :confused:

good indie records of the last 5 years... or records that at the very least bettered what you mentioed as "the golden age"

2. Jim O'Rourke - Eureka
3. Cornelious - Fantasma
7. J Mascis and the Fog
8. Future Pilot AKA

there has been wealth of interesting stuff going, and by jesus it all knocks the crap out of Nickle Creek (which is the most twee fey crap ever!!).. nad thats not to mention they really crazy stuff, everything I listed there is accessable easy pop tunes

the list you put forward is basically the answer to the question Who will be the next Cast?

I haven't heard the Jim O Rourke stuff. But I'll give it a listen to. He's in Sonic Youth now yeah? Cornelius stuff is good. I forgot about him. Stereolab I've never heard yet either. Actually most of that stuff you mentioned I haven't got round to yet. The Strokes I don't think are indie class, they're too rocky. And positive or fun.

speedy you outdo yourself.

i agree. a golden age.

i was wrong to ever doubt you.

insightful. incisive. impressive.

truly you will show us the way.

sorry but i couldn't resist this...

Attachments

• irony.gif
    irony.gif
    34.1 KB · Views: 199
why bother with break-through music when these modern day shitty bands can rely on the proven success of imitation music.

Originally posted by silo
speedy you outdo yourself.

i agree. a golden age.

i was wrong to ever doubt you.

insightful. incisive. impressive.

truly you will show us the way.

Better than you, Ye moss green bag of baby poo. And yes, I will show you the way. For I am like Jesus, but I don't wear the robe. I just cure shitness.

Originally posted by Hector Grey
he did many.

mayhap you think of southern comfort.

No this is really recently (in the last year). I heard a good bit of it online and its beautiful. God bless Ry Cooder.

The Coral = OK but forgettable
Bees = lovely but inessential
Nickelcreek = good but dull
Miss Dynamite = good but WELL overrated i think. much prefer roots manuva (not that it's a competition or annythin)
Norah Jones = havent heard it yet but it's meant to be great
Lemon Jelly = happiest album ever made. way better than ky! dudley, how can you not like this record?!
> Polyphonic Spree = flaming rips
he he he he that's bang on
there's this band called Leaves who are also flaming rips. their new single is pretty much race for the prize. despite the blatanticity of their ripoffositude, i quite like it tho. the corporate monster has me in its neon claws

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back