Irish Times C4O review (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by happy
what? come on, try harder than that...

that's really about your level. i don't wanna further confuse you. you're looking more and more like that avatar every day.

i knew it, i knew i saw that twinkle in your eye, that cheeky grin, that 'i could fuck you if i wanted' stare...

deadly buzz... :p

Originally posted by snakybus
But I say celebrate..uh.....scene...uh.... actually you know what? I don't give a fuck. diddy-wanking is way better than music any day. Let's celebrate that.

that's more like it. you're still a rock'n'roll cunt though.

Originally posted by Hector Grey
that's really about your level. i don't wanna further confuse you. you're looking more and more like that avatar every day.

Originally posted by happy
that's more like it. you're still a rock'n'roll cunt though.

of course i am.

do you like my fuck me haircut?

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to radical for the uptown raquet club.

Wow. That Times reviewer must be pissing himself laughing. Seeing as how my moolah was in part responsible for the offending item I figured I'd weigh in with my 2 euro pounds worth.
I like the Rednecks, they had no money to put out a first cd so we decided to do it together (Redf and Greyslate). Then we did it again. Then I put out a Milgram cd on Redf, because it's a great album. Then we (Redf and Greyslate) asked the C4oh's if they'd be interested in putting out a cd (once again because it's a great album). Acceptance, money, recognition, creating a closed, insular scene - it's much simpler, some people like MUSIC and instead of waiting for someone else to release the stuff, decided to Do-It-Themselves. At Redf we send out promos to some newspapers, and some radio stations and if they like it cool, and if they don't -cool. That's not going to stop us doing it again. So be warned, next year we'll be releasing more stuff (loads more) with bands whose members who know each other (and if they don't yet, they will because meeting new people and making new mates is cool). Happy knows what I'm talking 'bout don't you my boy?

And since when did what the Irish Times music section matter? Everyone knows that the "real" music genius lies in the hands of the Evening Herald...

www.redfrecords.com .|..|

Originally posted by derek
And since when did what the Irish Times music section matter?
Now that's a good question. My guess would be since they started doing the Ticket. Makes the music/art/film bits easier to find.

What music writing does matter these days?
I'd say the Wire, but I'm a nerd. Great Keith Leven interview this month. Mojo seems quite good, but I still have issues with their original policy line of "all the best music has already been made". Have they changed that?
What about Kerrang? Uncut?

Originally posted by Hector Grey
frankly i couldn't care less what they say. i'm not that insecure. i remember when i reviewed your first gig. you went to great lenghts to point out to me you didn't sit in your room on yer pc all day cos you dint have one. how i laughed. no one is good with crikkysism. i'm bad with circumspection. we all have our crosses to nod in at the far post.

i know. i'm just having a bad day.

Originally posted by herv
i know. i'm just having a bad day.

that seems to be your ouvre these days.

i'm worried. age has withered your once beatafic countanence. think of the children. picture me hitting them a broom.

Originally posted by derek
"and since when did what the Times music section think matter"
Ah now, c'mon. Newspapers can't think. They're inanimate objects.

i'd been thinking about posting something up this morning when i first read the review. i'm glad you've all been shouting with out me.

firstly its a shit review. as pointed out it gives you NO idea what the record is like. the TRM TJC ref's are useless and unnecessary.

criticism IS usually hard to take when you are the creater of something, or are involved in it in some personal way, thats nothing new. it IS hard to tell someone you don't like what they've done.
i don't think there's that much back-slapping goin' on here and i think jim carroll is a fuckin' retard writing that uninformed and ignorant article a while back. this fuckwit is obviously just re-writing what rim carroll said.

i don't understand this cocksuckery called the scene that celebrates itself. i don't think that attitude exists at all. if these fuckin "music critics" (which would imply they've SOME fuckin' clue what music is about and its history etc., which carroll DOESN'T by any standard as i've talked to him many times over the years) had any cop on they'd see that the reason we all know one another and play gigs together and play on each others records - a tradition which is oh so fuckin' cool in chicago or louisville, is because WE ARE TRYING TO DO IT OURFUCKINSELVES AND NOT INVOLVE BIG CORPORATIONS/RECORD LABELS/MCD/AIKEN etc etfuckinc. JESUS CHRIST but i'd a thought that was fuckin' OBVIOUS! yet in reviews of the nations favourite dropped copyists The Frames, they constantly refer to Hansard as "godfather of the scene" etc, "indie ethic" which is so admirable. this is BOLLOX. he's NEVER gone to any gigs of these bands, he just uses their names to make him look "underground" and "with it", but this is all good to the same cocks who think the frames are great and all our bands are dull and suck each others cocks. its fucked.

secondly i don't much like the jimmy cake, the coldspoons, uptown racket club, boxes and a load of other bands.
and i know loads of people don't like the arse, jesus, that's easier to accept than the people who DO actually like joa.
i think the rednecks, the corpo, the c40, paul o'reilly, the last post, goodtime john, saso, and my own joan of arse have not even reached anywhere near their potential. but thats potential, they may or may not get better. everyone LOVES the rednex, they are a good band, and really enjoyable live. i don't think they are a GREAT band. but then i've said this to niall byrnes face cos i know i can, and i was suckin' his cock at the time.
oh, i do LOVE - large mound (even though i was in them, there's no denying brilliance), damo frost and thats prolly about it.

we all have our likes and dislikes. i don't think we all pretend to love each others bands. most music reviews don't tell you a fuckin' thing about the record/band. i've never met a german i liked.....but that has nothing to do with this.

An aside:hey mr. d.byrne, do they have the modern internet in france now too???? jaysus.........

Originally posted by the bearded lady
oh, hector and happy - you are today's best boys.
for a prize - you get to form an instumental band with me!

hector, don't ever leave my life......

it wouldn't be much of a life if i did, now would it.

i like this symbiosis.

we're like leach and scrotum, hamster and hole.

viva vida.

Originally posted by the bearded lady

secondly i don't much like the coldspoons

ah, sure who asked ya, prick. ;)

sure, you're half-deaf anyway

Yessir Mr Bearded Lady, they have a brand spanking new IBM mainframe right between "ze bakers" and "ze coffeeshop". It runs on wine and all ze villagerz 'ave ze 'ow yoo zay, laffing when we read ze thumped every thursday night...

"the reason we all know one another and play gigs together and play on each others records - a tradition which is oh so fuckin' cool in chicago or louisville, is because WE ARE TRYING TO DO IT OURFUCKINSELVES AND NOT INVOLVE BIG CORPORATIONS/RECORD LABELS/MCD/AIKEN etc etfuckinc. JESUS CHRIST but i'd a thought that was fuckin' OBVIOUS!"

Bearded Lady, You are the man...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back