Irish Times C4O review (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by happy
yo rojack, wak wak wak, moneky on your back, black black black.

heh?
fuck off you cunt.

sleeping with my swedish girlfriend before i've even met her.
prick

hee hee hee, i was so drunk last night. ahh deadly buzz... and now there's fake arms to go to.... ahhh deadly buzz. some weeks are just ace. :)

here, i was only messin about yer burd, i felt her titties, we didn't roide buh. she's mad hot buh, wait 'til you meet her... :)

what???

i said i like the cd, didn't give any reasons for my liking.

i also said fuck the journalists.

me thinks it is you who is the one who is talking the shite silo. i genuinely like the cd. there's other cds out there which i think are shite.

onny a coupla days ago... happy goes 'scene sucks its own cock'. ah fukkit nevermind. album is alright. not good. lukewarm. what else do you think is shite out there?

here, fuck the critics, i'm sure c4o didn't write their songs with the aim of pleasing journalists. they probably did it because they like playing together and they probably put the cd out because they liked how it sounded. as far as anyone else is concerned, i dare say they couldn't give a flying fuck... obviously they'll be delighted if people like it but as for an irish times journalist who's only ever heard 'closing time' by tom waits and maybe 'goo' by sonic youth, fuck 'em like!

If this were entirely true, the they wouldn't necassarily have to release to the public at large, would they? They would be happy to stay at home and listen to it there, being insular and all.
Seems there's a conflict of intrests here, about not giving a flying fuck. Releasing an album to the public is asking to be judged, not least by your peers. Indeed, a cry for acceptance? Why bother doing gigs or interviews or videos. Obviously the C4O give a fuck. it's unfourtunate that some bitter journo is using a national newspaper as a forum for his disgruntlement.

i'm not patting anyone on the back. i'm allowed like the bleedin cd like. for feck sake, this is going a bit too far. do i have to hate everything now? alls i'm saying, the standard isn't as high as people think it is... again, look into your record collection, pick out your faves and see if the stuff that's being released here measures up. probably not, well, not right now but maybe it will some day ... it's just a lot of people seem to think that day is already here. there's no need to go around saying everything is shit though. if i actually have a criticism to make about a band, i'll say it to their faces, this ain't the place for that... it's personal like.

Originally posted by silo
onny a coupla days ago... happy goes 'scene sucks its own cock'. ah fukkit nevermind. album is alright. not good. lukewarm. what else do you think is shite out there?

jesus, they do give a fuck, but not about some bleedin shithead journalist. of course they want people to like it, like i said, but i doubt that any of their worlds are in pieces right now because of what that dim shit said about their cd. i don't agree fully with your notion that releasing something is a cry for acceptance. it's more like "here, this is what we do, we hope you like it because we do. if you don't like it, sorry, that's too bad"...

Originally posted by Jenny
If this were entirely true, the they wouldn't necassarily have to release to the public at large, would they? They would be happy to stay at home and listen to it there, being insular and all.
Seems there's a conflict of intrests here, about not giving a flying fuck. Releasing an album to the public is asking to be judged, not least by your peers. Indeed, a cry for acceptance? Why bother doing gigs or interviews or videos. Obviously the C4O give a fuck. it's unfourtunate that some bitter journo is using a national newspaper as a forum for his disgruntlement.

here here happy

good point,

I gotta agree. It good to be able to tell someone their shortcommings to (and only to) their face...that is constructive criticism...

My god you can actually make some valid points when you concentrate...I'm impressed.|..|

(you've all just witnessed some scene backpatting from DMY)

you know prick all about fuck, dave, thas yer problem. and you onny say nice things about other bands cos youwant thm to say nice thigns about your band which is difficult to say the least.

wha?

prick.

This is such a load of cock.

Really, it is.

This is the way art works. You create it because of a combination of ego and a need to express yourself. You hang around with other insular artists in cafes and cool bars for the same reasons - and this is ALL GOOD. You release this on the public in the hope that they'll like it. If you're a musician, you do this at first through gigs, and the response you get goes some way - but not all - towards shaping what you do, same as your band mates' opinions go some way - but not all - towards shaping you as an artist. An insular scene propogates that ethos even more by combining the bands all together so their combined experience and intelligence goes some way towards creating a force.....called "the scene". Or "Scenor"

As a musician, you may or may not like it, but you certainly hold onto your right to be a part of it.

But if a journalist wants to slag it off, that's his right too, because that's his forum. When you release an album, it goes out there, and you can't control who likes it or doesn't. Music journalism is part of the process, like it or lump it. In the same way, an audience is as much a part of a gig as the band playing. So fuck it, even bad publicity is good publicity, you know? Accept it.

And if he wants to call you insular, so what? If he wants to call you backslapping, so what? Maybe he's got a point, maybe not. Either way, it all goes some way towards enhancing the whole experience.

And as for happy's point, well, I think *our* Dublin music scene is pretty good. A lot better than other places anyway. Why not celebrate it?

the mark that sucks happy's cock

happy is correct though. off all the bands currently around town there is only one that i would listen to on a regular basis, the corpo.
happy got four k's. happy don't need to answer to no-one.

jesus, they do give a fuck, but not about some bleedin shithead journalist. of course they want people to like it, like i said, but i doubt that any of their worlds are in pieces right now because of what that dim shit said about their cd. i don't agree fully with your notion that releasing something is a cry for acceptance. it's more like "here, this is what we do, we hope you like it because we do. if you don't like it, sorry, that's too bad"...

Aren't we all looking for acceptance at the end of the day?
And some shithead journalist is just another pair of ears. You can't dismiss those who critise just becasue you don't like what they're saying.

no, thing is, i know my band is shite and if anyone tells me otherwise, they're fuckin liars.
as for you, you fuck, and your rock-star attitude and your bouncers on the dressing room doors in whelans, go fuck yourself.

Originally posted by Hector Grey
you know prick all about fuck, dave, thas yer problem. and you onny say nice things about other bands cos youwant thm to say nice thigns about your band which is difficult to say the least.

wha?

prick.

Originally posted by herv
hec, and who faults the jimmy cake?

arrrrggh will you all just shut up!???!!

frankly i couldn't care less what they say. i'm not that insecure. i remember when i reviewed your first gig. you went to great lenghts to point out to me you didn't sit in your room on yer pc all day cos you dint have one. how i laughed. no one is good with crikkysism. i'm bad with circumspection. we all have our crosses to nod in at the far post.

i'm just not going to reply to that. are you vinnie?

Originally posted by Jenny
Aren't we all looking for acceptance at the end of the day?
And some shithead journalist is just another pair of ears. You can't dismiss those who critise just becasue you don't like what they're saying.

ah snaky, i thought we connected. dammit.

you know i'm not saying don't celebrate it, right? ah here, who cares? *personally*, i think a lot of the praise given out is unwarranted or at least, too heafty. some of it is well-deserved. but not eveything is good. as usual, i just think everyone else should think the way i do. and i'm not going to apolagise for it because i'm right.

Originally posted by snakybus
And as for happy's point, well, I think *our* Dublin music scene is pretty good. A lot better than other places anyway. Why not celebrate it?

no, thing is, i know my band is shite and if anyone tells me otherwise, they're fuckin liars.
as for you, you fuck, and your rock-star attitude and your bouncers on the dressing room doors in whelans, go fuck yourself.

poor dave. just wants to be accepted wha? just wants to get the big joke.

ackshooerlly I agree with you

I think some bands get a lot of praise who are really, really mediocre. And some who deserve it. And some are great for a long time and nobody knows about it.

It's a power-struggle kinda.

But I say celebrate..uh.....scene...uh.... actually you know what? I don't give a fuck. diddy-wanking is way better than music any day. Let's celebrate that

ah snaky, i thought we connected. dammit.

you know i'm not saying don't celebrate it, right? ah here, who cares? *personally*, i think a lot of the praise given out is unwarranted or at least, too heafty. some of it is well-deserved. but not eveything is good. as usual, i just think everyone else should think the way i do. and i'm not going to apolagise for it because i'm right.

Re: here here happy

ask my fucking hole, you donkey jizz fart face.

Originally posted by DontMugYourself

My god you can actually make some valid points when you concentrate...I'm impressed.|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back