Irish Punk History (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter tml
  • Start date
  • Replies 68
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 5

tml

Trying to compile a list of Irish punk bands, specifically those who have belonged to "subgenres" within the scene. Can anybody help with Irish punks who played/recorded under auspices such as straight edge/queercore/riot grrl/veggie+vegan/etc? I'm not just looking for contemporary stuff either, but rather since the inception of punk. Much appreciated.

-tml

Oh, sorry, it's for a potential sociology survey, as 'straight edge' (as far as the song which gave rise to the moniker was released in 1981) turns 25 this year. I haven't been in Ireland long and was curious as to the movements history here. I was also curious about other movement oriented moments in Irish punk.

tml said:
Oh, sorry, it's for a potential sociology survey, as 'straight edge' (as far as the song which gave rise to the moniker was released in 1981) turns 25 this year. I haven't been in Ireland long and was curious as to the movements history here. I was also curious about other movement oriented moments in Irish punk.

Don't feel the need to explain yourself to Janer, hes only a fashion punk racist faggot.

tml said:
i can safely say there have been eight straight edgers in ireland ever.

Lemme guess? They all moved abroad when nobody took their asses seriously either??

spuded said:
political im intrigued whether there is anything you actually have any proper knowledge about?:confused:

I play a general knowledge table quiz on Tuesdays at the yacht in Clontarf so come along and talent scout me

I thought this was goin to be for abook or something!The last 20yrs of Irish punk...or something.
Theres no books on irish punk over the last 2 decades is there?

!bing

Rimbaud said:
I thought this was goin to be for abook or something!The last 20yrs of Irish punk...or something.
Theres no books on irish punk over the last 2 decades is there?

!bing

The north of ireland is definately leading that race.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back