Irish bands with releases under the bed. (2 Viewers)

crude & snyde demo {studio} apocalypsedemo{practice room recording} both from drogheda mid 80,s also crude & snyde,stalag 17 live in dublin 86 .can copy if interested.artwork for crude & snyde demo only.

I know this has been bandied about before but what about an online mp3 archive for all this? Tapes etc will wear away (yes i know the internet will die out too eventually but its here right now) and it would help preserver the originals. I know a way of hosting the stuff for free too.

drogcharge said:
crude & snyde demo {studio} apocalypsedemo{practice room recording} both from drogheda mid 80,s also crude & snyde,stalag 17 live in dublin 86 .can copy if interested.artwork for crude & snyde demo only.

Shit,I'd love copies of all that if you could. What could I do in return?

Gambra,I reckon the problem with putting the songs up for download or whatever is that space has to be paid for,and someone has to maintain it. As long as people keep trading etc the stuff will stick around.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Shit,I'd love copies of all that if you could. What could I do in return?

Gambra,I reckon the problem with putting the songs up for download or whatever is that space has to be paid for,and someone has to maintain it. As long as people keep trading etc the stuff will stick around.
if u have any insurgence ;or bands like that [ early 90,s ny crust ] a tape or 2 as a swap would be grand gary.ive to get acess to a tape to tape & photocopy artwork so could take a week or 2.

I was talkin to bohspunks about this in Frankfurt. Basically I wanted to get a site together where I could have a profile for each band. The profile would have a small biography, interviews, reviews, discography, fliers, band pics etc. And maybe have torrents for the releases instead of actually hosting them to save on bandwidth.

The PSU on my computer blew up soon after this and I haven't been able to do much about it since. Just an idea anyway, if anyone's interested.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I'd be into getting a tape copy of that. Does it have a cover? could it be photocopied?

Gary, if it is the Dirt Behind The Daydream tape you are talking about there, I can do you a copy of that if you pm me an address to send it to, will be a tape copy, can't copy tape to CDR at the moment, it does have a cover, will copy that too. It is a pretty decent foldout cover with photos of all the bands and some scene photos from around the time of release too (90/91 if I remember). Pretty sure I have Volume 2 if you need that as well.

As for the online MP3 archive, I've been looking into doing this for a while, was going to go the blog route ala Strange Reactions and add new stuff every few days, be it a 7" (punk and powerpop from late 70s onwards) or tape (Blue Babies, Arnheim, Ciunas, SMH etc) or even some demo stuff I have floating about here (Blenderhead etc). I have a fair bit of stuff meslef, but I'd be more than happy to upload stuff that others are willing to send me (just copied CDRs of whatever you've got obviously). Would also be looking to post as much info as I can gather on each release uploaded. Anyway, haven't decided wheather to go the blog or full site route yet but I'm looking to get this together over the next month. I'll post here when I have things pretty much sorted.

Found a few other tapes just now.Vertical urge/gee willickers split tape,Dr.Shitface demo,Gout"for what it's worth"Splatterpillar"nummer",Onion Breath"cyberman vibrations",Cheapskate demo and Gout,Stomach and cheapskate from 29thmarch 96,I think that was the first hope collective gig in the attic also underfoot 8 or 9 song demo includin "were not gonna take it"featuring members of jackbeast and bambi!!! from 96

wow!!! I'd love copies of any demos of irish bands. If there's covers that can be copied then even better. I'll add them all to scumville.
If you wanna organise some type of trade it would be great.

I have no way of copying tapes gary,but I could loan you the bunch of them,I don't be at all that many gigs anymore but maybe could drop them into red ink some saturday.You're probably one of the few people i'd actually trust to give them back.Found the unreleased pincher martin album aswell.about 10 songs on it I think.

If you wanna do that it would be great. I'd definately look after them and would copy them for other people if they wanted. I'm sure I can do something as a way of saying thanks.

drogcharge said:

I'd love to get those...I think I have the Crude & Snyde but not with the artwork. Could I send you a few quid or some zines or blank tapes for it by any chance?

Liam said:
Found a few other tapes just now.Vertical urge/gee willickers split tape,Dr.Shitface demo,Gout"for what it's worth"Splatterpillar"nummer",Onion Breath"cyberman vibrations",Cheapskate demo and Gout,Stomach and cheapskate from 29thmarch 96,I think that was the first hope collective gig in the attic also underfoot 8 or 9 song demo includin "were not gonna take it"featuring members of jackbeast and bambi!!! from 96

Hiya Liamo -I'd love to get that Cheapskate demo and the live tracks of them, Gout and Stomach. Any way I could get a recording of them, since you're not able to do it? Could you do it for me Gary if you're getting a lend? Maybea trade foe any rare demos in particular you're after, especially from Denmark, and I can probably tape it off a friend for you

Does anyone have anything with more songs by Disdain, from Dundalk? It was Tadgh Morgan and his brother's band, from after Blackbelt Jones and before Circle Again and Your New Friend. I had a demo with 2 songs that I tried to let him convince me to put out on vinyl, one of the songs was just okay, but the other was fuckin AMAZING. Sort of like a really aggressive, anthemic Dag Nasty or Husker Du. I'd love to hear others of their songs.

If anyone has any recordings of these bands I'd love to hear them.

Vermin (Cork).
Darkest Hour (Waterford).
Penis Features (Dublin).
Unknown Wrecks (Cork).
Catholic Guilt (Mulingar).
The Suspects (Dublin).
Legalised Slaughter (Dundalk).
Euphoric Void (Cormk).
Exile In The Kingdom (Drogheda).
Back From The Dead (Dublin).
Spew Jerks (Tuam).
Black Revolvers (Tuam).
The Outcasts (Belfast).
Insane Youth (Dublin).
Defects (Belfast).
Napsalm Sunday (Dublin).

Corm said:
Vermin (Cork).
Darkest Hour (Waterford).
Penis Features (Dublin).
Unknown Wrecks (Cork).
Catholic Guilt (Mulingar).
The Suspects (Dublin).
Legalised Slaughter (Dundalk).
Euphoric Void (Cormk).
Exile In The Kingdom (Drogheda).
Back From The Dead (Dublin).
Spew Jerks (Tuam).
Black Revolvers (Tuam).
The Outcasts (Belfast).
Insane Youth (Dublin).
Defects (Belfast).
Napsalm Sunday (Dublin).

ya should add blaze x to that corm ,they were from tuam and went on to become the mighty SAW DOCTORS

the B-side to I used to love her is Blaze X playing the said tune in the tuam scout hall in 1980.
sounds like the ramones covering the saw doctors.|..|

I presume that whole gig was recorded, I must email the saw doctors actually they might be able to shed some light on it!!!!!!!!!1

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back